Anyone try Ergon's new E- Mtb saddle?

Dashfield

May 11, 2021
Bristol, UK
Has anyone used Cloud-9 saddle? I think it great. I took a 20-mile ride right after installing the seat and found the seat to be very supportive and firm as compared to other seats that I have looked at in person. By the end of the ride, my bottom did not feel sore or tired from the ride. I think the new seat is a good addition to my new bike and will make for many comfortable riding trips.

Do you know which model yours is? There’s seems to be quite a few different models.

GrahamPaul

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
Has anyone used Cloud-9 saddle? I think it great. I took a 20-mile ride right after installing the seat and found the seat to be very supportive and firm as compared to other seats that I have looked at in person. By the end of the ride, my bottom did not feel sore or tired from the ride. I think the new seat is a good addition to my new bike and will make for many comfortable riding trips.

With all due respect, I wouldn't expect any discomfort from a saddle after only 20 miles, especially if it's your first outing on it. The third day out at 50 miles a day and your rear end will tell you more...

That said, the Cloud-9 saddles look like a touring sofa. Not sure how easy it would be to move around on those without damaging "delicate equipment" on a more active ride.

Downhillr

Jul 2, 2021
SF Bay, California
The demands and general feedback from our test riders and groups dictated the features you see in our SM E-Mountain saddle. Overall, many testers expressed the need for softer comfort foam due to longer periods of sitting and the impacts on the body that come with prolonged sitting. E-mtbs are amazing in the fact they can climb steeper grades without having the rider have to shift his/her weight forward. This has resulted in a supporting ramp in the rear of the saddle, which is the most unique aspect of this saddle. Also, the nose is slightly wider than our other saddles for the situations on when the rider does has to slide far forward on the saddle.

Is this saddle for all e-mtbers? Of course not. The beauty of the cycling world is we have many choices as to what we can ride. The SM E-Mountain saddle was developed because we recieved demands from consumers as well as e-mtb manufacturers to produce a saddle to meet the unique riding demands of e-mtb riders.
I guess it’s a popular item, the men’s mountain sport version s/m is unavailable anywhere I look (incl. net) and has been out of stock at Ergon site as well for quite some time… anyone have luck finding source?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I guess it’s a popular item, the men’s mountain sport version s/m is unavailable anywhere I look (incl. net) and has been out of stock at Ergon site as well for quite some time… anyone have luck finding source?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
He's in the USA so UK stock probably isn't of interest.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
No luck. One of Ergon’s HQ/manufacturers is 5mins away from me. I wanted to try/buy the SM Core saddle. I phoned them…Kingsway in Port Coquitlam BC. It’s either too new or they’re out of stock.

Rich-EMTB-UK

E*POWAH Master
Aug 11, 2019
UK
I have one on my TL. It has more support at the back of the saddle based on the theory that you will spend more time seated while climbing. Like all Ergon saddles it is very comfortable and sized about right to not get in the way when not seated. I have a new E-Bike on order and I am sure I will be fitting one of these to it before next summer's longer rides.

Eduardoramundo

Aug 8, 2019
Glasgow
I have been running a large one of these for about two years now and it is very comfy.

Adding a bit of chamois cream for longer rides makes a great combination.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles