Anyone tried the Focus Jam2 Plus LTD?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Its still doesn't have a display - i think Shimano have nailed the display better than anyone else, as its discreet, yes still gives all the info. I know some people like that the levo does not have a display, but personally i like it

Last edited:

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
yes me too I use blevo on an old phone or I have the osynce coachsmart for basic info both allow mode changes and display what mode you are in the blevo app actually talks to you if you want that function switched on

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
yes me too I use blevo on an old phone or I have the osynce coachsmart for basic info both allow mode changes and display what mode you are in the blevo app actually talks to you if you want that function switched on

Hope its not a womans voice!!

MartinW148

May 30, 2018
Essex, England
So I have finally gotten around to riding a Jam2 and loved it.

Only question is now, which one in the range to choose. I was thinking the Plus, so Recon fork upgrade being the most obvious, but I can't help look at the Pro with di2 shifting. Is that and the wheel upgrade really worth an extra £1000.....

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK

Only question is now, which one in the range to choose. I was thinking the Plus, so Recon fork upgrade being the most obvious, but I can't help look at the Pro with di2 shifting. Is that and the wheel upgrade really worth an extra £1000.....
I’d really like to test a Focus. Can’t find anyone with it near me though.

Glad you liked it. £1K is a lot to spend on the upgrades. That’d get you a nice road trip to many bike parks with some nice accommodation ?

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire

I’d really like to test a Focus. Can’t find anyone with it near me though.

Glad you liked it. £1K is a lot to spend on the upgrades. That’d get you a nice road trip to many bike parks with some nice accommodation

If I get to the Surrey hills ride you can try mine.

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
You are welcome to test mine (as long as I get it back!). You need to be. In Suffolk. Though. Until I find a suitable towball carrier
.Focus owners unite.....far too much Levo stuff on here!!!!
Have fun ...even on a Levo..........only joking.........if you are riding anE bike you ARE having fun.
Cheers

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
You just know it's going to get me in to trouble sooner or later... :whistle:

MartinW148

May 30, 2018
Essex, England
So i've finally gone and done it, Focus Jam2 carbon plus on order, waiting now the hardest part.......

Hoping i've gone for the right size frame (M) as my advice was to go with the bigger frame being between the two.

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
So i've finally gone and done it, Focus Jam2 carbon plus on order, waiting now the hardest part.......

Hoping i've gone for the right size frame (M) as my advice was to go with the bigger frame being between the two.

That was good advice I normally ride large and had no regrets getting the XL.

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
Congratulations. You WILL enjoy.:):love::geek:
Interesting view about size as I was advised to go for the M as I am also between sizes....must admit I do sometimes wishi I could move the saddle back a bit further. But its no major deal. BTW what height are you?
Have fun

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
As long as the seat tube doesn’t end up too high a larger frame gives you options and benefits if your riding is towards the Enduro end of the scale. Longer more stable wheelbase, the option to use a shorter stem to improve steering feel and brings your body weight between the wheels.
A smaller frame is difficult to make ‘bigger’ but has benefits if your riding is more traditional trail riding. Weight is more forward suited to climbing, the bike will generally feel more nimble and faster handling. This can translate to twitchy and tippy on downhills.

MartinW148

May 30, 2018
Essex, England
Only a shorty at 170cm, but I also have short legs. Medium felt right for fit, stand over height is close, but this is less important than reach. Dropper wise i might need some adjustment in the fully up position, at least it's fully adjustable, if it gets annoying then i guess a shorter dropper, or see if i can shorten the one it comes with.

Gutch

Sep 10, 2018
South Carolina
I have the aluminum Jam2 Pro and like it. Have not ridden anything else other than the Specialized Levo. I have made some changes to mine. Mine was the 29" wheel model and I have upgraded the wheels to 29+ with carbon rims and better hubs. I am running the McFly 2.8 x 29 tires with no clearance issues. We have a lot of sand here and the wider rubber helps with float and also dealing with exposed roots. Also changed to a smaller rear cassette as I did not need a 46T rear. Changed out bars and stem to my liking and also the seat. I have the XL model and while heavy ~47 lbs. it does not feel real heavy during use. I usually only ride with the internal battery and get around 26-28 miles but I am mostly in eco mode. I still ride a regular mtb most of the time but the e-bike thing is a lot of fun. For the $$ I think the Focus is a good buy.
I have the 29er pro also. XL at 46#, pedals cage swat etc. I changed a few parts also:
2019 Lyrik 150
DVO Topaz T3
DT SWISS Carbon hybrid wheels/240
Fox Transfer dropper
Ergon seat
Renthal Cockpit
XT 165mm cranks
HT Pedals
Maxxis DHF, Aggressor
E6000 switch for dropper ease.
XT 4 piston brakes
203mm F&R rotors

Probably close to 8k, it’s the funnest Bicycle ever. You can manual, scrub, whatever. I’ve owned 3 Levo’s prior and no comparison. ?

2EB888F8-7677-420F-AF35-BB759F7A7ED5.jpeg

0DB96BEA-EBF1-4876-8176-49B2E770F310.jpeg

EEE28D21-8407-4BD5-B7D6-0E09A776FFD2.jpeg

C0262229-F788-4972-BCC9-36875E9ECF38.jpeg

Gutch

Sep 10, 2018
South Carolina
Instead of i've changed a few things, should be i've kept a few things. That's an impressive list.

Mine's still standard....
Right on. I’m kinda a bike geek. I sold all the other parts from new, which helped. The E6000 shifter is really sweet for $65. I forgot I also threw on a sram cassette for weight. I saved 2# with wheels and cassette.

D8869F51-3959-402A-AFC2-FC9A164C3CE2.jpeg

highpeakrider

E*POWAH Master
Aug 10, 2018
Peak District
I’ve upgraded mine with a Yari fork, charger seat and whyte grips, plus added a TEC pack for longer rides. Maybe new bars at some point and new tires more suited to U.K. mud.

CD9AD19C-5814-4280-B3AF-6D7ECC61DEC9.jpeg

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
@Gutch,

How are you getting on with the DVO?
I was all lined up to install one but the DVO dropper I put on has been garbage so it has put me off a bit.....

Gutch

Sep 10, 2018
South Carolina
The DVO Topaz 3 is the best Shock I’ve ever used. DVO gave me a few baseline settings and went from there. I leave it in full open and roll. It’s got a great platform.

bissona

Patreon
Oct 14, 2018
Guernsey
Me and a good friend both have JAM2s, mine's a Ltd, his is a Pro, and we absolutely love 'em. Have both had some technical gremlins, especially after washing, but nothing that stops play. Both still waiting for TEC packs to arrive but still getting 2-3hrs of mostly-boost riding.

Off down through france in a couple of weeks to find some woodland, hope we find some decent trails. :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles