Anyone Ridden Both an Levo SL and Orbea Rise? Looking for Power Comparison

ReVolt

Jun 10, 2019
London
At this very moment I can see the engineers at specialized putting together a levo "evo" sl with equal or more power and more aggressive geometry. Heck they probably have one somewhere being tested in the wild. For what its worth I can say without a doubt the levo sl charges the battery alot faster than the rise and in comparable build specs the levo sl is lighter when comparing an m10 to an carbon expert levo sl.
Yes but look at the price difference between those two bikes ! If you’re going to go for the lesser more expensive bike based on it weighing a kg less then seems a moot point imo

b45her

Dec 1, 2019
wales
Agree, seemed a biased review. No mention that the Rise to get the weight down is fitted with lighter weight tyres and wheels. No mention of the SL’s 48v system efficiency benefits over the 36v EP8. And their test seems to be straight up and down on green fireroads ?‍♂️

Voltage has absolutely no impact on efficiency, at the power levels of these bikes, none, nada, F all.

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
Agree, seemed a biased review. No mention that the Rise to get the weight down is fitted with lighter weight tyres and wheels. No mention of the SL’s 48v system efficiency benefits over the 36v EP8. And their test seems to be straight up and down on green fireroads ?‍♂️

two very different bikes. The rise has nearly twice the power when you need it. The SL is a eunuch. I rode 13 miles on the rise today on VERY gnarly terrain, 1600 feet of climbing, and finished with 50% battery from a 360WH battery. I think the rise has it dialed.

Last edited:

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
For every day use, Rekon's perform and hold up fine on our local riding (lots of rocks including sharp shale/schist), and that's almost a pound weight savings. I run DHF/DHR on my Santa Cruz's plus wheelset (for enduro stuff) but Rekons on both bikes the rest of the time. I also spec'd mine with an XTR rear derailleur and XTR cassette, plus I'm running XTR pedals. And as a luddite, I don't run a dropper and run a Raceface Next SL carbon post. It's a super rideable bike at an amazing weight overall. Also, I've cancelled my order for the range extender as a I just don't think I'll ever need it for my typical rides.

Jcolborn48

Apr 13, 2020
California
Man, I've been waiting for this review, and it did not help my situation! I started out on a 2020 Levo, and I loved it. But then I had some factory welds crack and the only warranty option at the time was replacing it with a 2021 Levo SL Carbon Comp. I immediately missed the power of the Levo, but LOVED the light weight feel of the bike. I've gotten use to the lack of power on the SL, and have gotten in better shape as a result, but still want more power. The Rise came out last year, and seemed to check all the boxes so I ordered one in October, with an end of July delivery date. Well in the meantime, the new Levo came out, and the reviews say it's the greatest ebike ever, so I ordered a Pro, who knows when it'll show up. So here I am, which one do I stick with?

Orbea Pro's for me: Lightweight, stealthy more power than the SL, comes with shimano components (which I prefer)
Orbea Con's for me: I'm afraid of the lack of support from Orbea in the U.S. Have to upgrade the rotors (loving the Galfer 223's on my SL)

Levo Pro's: Based off the hottest frame on the market, good local factory support
Levo Con's: So freakin' Expensive!! Full weight ebike, which goes against what I love about the SL and potentially the Orbea. Have to swap out the SRAM brakes.

I know it's almost an apples/oranges comparison, but I'm having a hard time deciding, I always appreciate different opinions.

Stevie H

Mar 6, 2021
Hereford
Why would you want to swap out the scram brakes, get them dialled in and they are great. I have a Kenevo and a Gen 3 Levo Expert both great bikes. I had an Orbea rise M10 on loan for a week. Had issues with the charging point but the bike rode well. I rode the Kenevo and Rise back to back for the week on same trails same day my score was 10/10 Kenevo comp 8/10 Rise Looking at getting the Rise H15 to replace the Kenevo as my Gen 3 Levo does the job of the 21 model Kenevo. If I could have gotten the 22 model year Kenevo Expert That’s what I would have bought

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles