Anyone ordered a yeti e160?

Rich-EMTB-UK

E*POWAH Master
Aug 11, 2019
UK
Here's mine. It started out as a C1. Frame, bars and tires are what's left. Love the bike so far, but my Kenevo SL is my #1 favorite bike of all time. Just hoping the next version has a tiny bit more power and battery. I think a decent power and range mid 40lb ebike would be my ultimate machine. The Kenevo SL with a similar power and battery set up like the Orbea Rise would get it done.

View attachment 78055
Hi, did you paint the fork legs yourself or get them dipped, as I thought orange only came in factory guise?

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
How do you like that saddle? Did you consider the Ergon SM - E Mountain Pro vs the Ergon SM E Mountain Sport?
Never really considered the Pro over the Sport model. Cost delta was negligible. Only difference is Pro has a composite shell and Sport has a nylon. Not sure if its only a weight difference? Did consider the SME Core Prime since it gets great reviews. Have another model Ergon saddle on my dh sled that I really enjoy as well.

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
Does anyone know how many tokens are installed inside the fork and inside the shock by Yeti factory?
Unfortunately I don't remember. Did take one out. Thinking there were 3 installed at the factory. I put a DSD Runt on my YT Decoy and really love it. Strongly considering putting on my Yeti too.

shakeystart

Jun 23, 2020
1617daY
Nice build! Looks like you went with SRAM AXS drivetrain, Magura brakes and ENVE wheels? I debated going with AXS and stayed with the Shimano XT. Recommend using ST Unlocker app.
I went AXS on my LSL and hate, hate, hate it. The lever feel is atrocious. Tried the optional lever and it was worse. Going to my tried and true XT, with the lovely smooth-as-silk hyper glide sifting.

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
I went AXS on my LSL and hate, hate, hate it. The lever feel is atrocious. Tried the optional lever and it was worse. Going to my tried and true XT, with the lovely smooth-as-silk hyper glide sifting.
I'm running XT Drivetrain on both my emtbs and love the super smooth shifting. Replacement parts for chain, cassette and derailleur are much less costly than SRAM AXS. I did put my previous XX1 EAGLE AXS complete drivetrain on my ehybrid and like it on a city/road bike. Be sure to measure chain wear on a regular basis and keep Drivetrain clean. Recommend Pedro's chain measure tool.

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
Does anyone know the dimensions or how I can find out what FOX Factory Float X2 Rear Travel - 160mm is on the Yeti 160e? Looking to switch to a Push ELEVENSIX coil and want to sell the Fox.

Last edited:

Rich-EMTB-UK

E*POWAH Master
Aug 11, 2019
UK
The shock should have a code on the body which you can input on the Fox website which will tell you the details of your shock.
I checked my Yeti this week for a code on the shock and there isn't one on the rear or front forks. I suspect Yeti would say this is because its custom tuned!

Seven

May 17, 2020
Sheffield
I tried Yeti recently as I have an SB140 that I love, the E160 was a bit of a donkey though, like 2 years behind the other top end EMTB's,
Very pretty but dull to ride and outdated tech and integration-wise sadly,
Fur coat and no knickers,

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
I tried Yeti recently as I have an SB140 that I love, the E160 was a bit of a donkey though, like 2 years behind the other top end EMTB's,
Very pretty but dull to ride and outdated tech and integration-wise sadly,
Fur coat and no knickers,
Don't know about that. Would be nice to have a bigger battery and think the Shimano EP8 performs on par with others. Best climbing emtb I've ridden and have owned 4 emtbs and have ridden many other models. Its a beast on the downhill as well and I think its the best all-round emtb on the market. Proof is in the pudding and many subject matter experts like rob, loam wolf and E-mountainbike Magazine concurr. Have you actually taken on a real ride?

Seven

May 17, 2020
Sheffield
Yeah, it was ok, just nothing special, seemed dated, very pretty though,
People have different opinions, thats life,
"subject matter experts"
One that can't ride for shit and two that get paid to say "that's good"

I guess if Keith Spaz from Dirtfast Magazine says it good then everyone must be wrong, ok,

You're wrong,
No you're wrong,
No you're wrong........ad infinitum.

It is what it is,

Last edited:

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
Yeah, it was ok, just nothing special, seemed dated, very pretty though,
People have different opinions, thats life,
"subject matter experts"
One that can't ride for shit and two that get paid to say "that's good"

I guess if Keith Spaz from Dirtfast Magazine says it good then everyone must be wrong, ok,

You're wrong,
No you're wrong,
No you're wrong........ad infinitum.

It is what it is,
Agree, everyone is entitled to own opinion. I always make several upgrades/changes to all my bikes after purchasing to get them just how I like them. Installed a Push ELEVENSIX on my Decoy and really like how it rides. Switch bikes with my riding buddies when we hit the trails and a couple like the feel of the air shock better. Learned that what's "best" for me doesn't necessarily translate to others and vice versa. Hope to see technological advances with increased battery ranges and lighter frames. Think about to 10-20 years ago in regard to frame geometry, dropper post and hydraulic disc brakes and marvel at advancements. Exciting time to be a rider, whether it standard mountain bike or emtb. Think most of the big manufacturers are making pretty decent bikes. I'm very fortunate that $ isn't a consideration and can get what I like. Don't know if Yeti-160E is twice as good as a bike that half as much but do know that stupid smile on my face everytime I ride it. Cheers mate & happy trails!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles