• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Unanswered Anyone know what this bit is ? ( Answered )

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
New wheelset ( Miche xhm 30 ) has this bit on the rear hub that has a grub screw, it spins with the axle but not seen one of these before !
IMG_20220702_205433.jpg

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
I think it is a steel spline fitted on the cassette body, to reduce or completely remove the problem with damaged freehubs by cassette.

But I am not sure , the other theory I have is that you can use those screws to change the ratio on the hub.
Thanks for the response, however its on the non drive side so I can't see it being anything to do with the cassette.
I haven't tried altering the torque of the grub screw but might see if that does change anything !

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire

It's to lock the freeplay adjuster in place.

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire

It's to lock the freeplay adjuster in place.
Nice find @Jackware thanks mate, Fountain of knowledge bases / guides / links you are Come up good many times and its appreciated.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles