Anyone in Surrey? Need help!

Lawson

Mar 11, 2019
UK
As above really. If anyone is local to Surrey and had an e7000 or e8000 equipped Vitus, can you Please let me know ?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
You might want to give a bit more information as to what and why or you'll probably make people wary of not knowing what they're getting into...

@R120 is probably a good start.. I think Reigate area.

Lawson

Mar 11, 2019
UK
Right, my goodness suspicious world isn't it ?? I didn't want to flood the forum with info that wouldn't apply to anyone local.

Here we go then, full info for everyone.

I live in Cornwall and own an e7000 Vitus E-Sommet.

My friend lives in Surrey and had an e8000 equipped E-Sommet VR.

He's having problems and needs to momentarily plug in somebody else's battery to see if it's his battery that's at fault for his system not turning on.

He's gone through all the right channels, but the check everybody is recommending is to try a different battery.

He could try mine, but I'm 6 hours away.

If anyone in Surrey or the surrounding areas can help, you'd be helping out a mate hugely.

So.....is there anyone in or near Surrey that can help please?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Maybe not suspicious ... just wary :) "Can I borrow your bike to swap the frame just to try something...." :)

OK, so it doesn't need to be a sommet, Just anyone with an E8000 external battery bike (BT-E8010) so he can swap it out and test.

If your change your title, you're more likely to get a successful match up/hit with someone, as there will be an enormously higher number of Shimano External battery bikes in Surrey compared to just the number of Vitus ones.

And you say he's tried all the normal suggestions. Power button for 20 seconds. Remove the bottom battery cover and check cables. Remove left motor cover and check cables.

Oh god, what else can I type .. I'm doing anything to avoid cutting a hole in the roof to put this crappy velux in whilst it's raining..

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles