Anyone here got the Jam 2 Plus?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
The actual wording is
Perform a ‘learning cycle’: A new, fully charged battery should be
run down once until the motor assist stops and without recharging in between. In that way the battery ‘learns’ its capacity, and the actual capacity will agree with the level indicated on the battery status display. As soon as the battery enters Sleep mode, press the battery button for one second. Then the learn cycle can be continued. ................

I just picked up your edited post. The bit you have added is from the manual that comes with the TEC pack. And it is obvious what the "battery button" is that you should press for 1 second. But there is no battery button on the frame battery, unless they mean the power on/off switch. Also the advice you have referred to is nowhere to be found in the manual(s) that come with the bike. So those that don't buy a TEC pack don't get the advice. A lack of consistency at Focus I believe.

highpeakrider

E*POWAH Master
Aug 10, 2018
Peak District
The bike manual is online which I have posted think I just got the steps one with mine.

I just use these rules.
It’s a MTB ride and service as such.
Charge before ride, and repeat.

That’s all you need to do.
I’m not bothered about indicated range as living in the Peak District the bike never knows which hills coming next.

I’ve never been a fan of living by RTM .....

Albez

Sep 14, 2018
United Kingdom
I saw one in the flesh yesterday and wow it was gorgeous :) I ordered it and it should arrive next week I think I will stick with the 2.8 tyre width that it came with but I am going to put a magic Mary an the front and an eddy current on the rear, am I right in thinking I want the one with the orange stripe in the tread is that the addix compound? I have shwalbe on my current bike and they have the orange stripe on them.
Did you get the 6.8? What's the actual colour because in the website pics it looks green but advertised it says blue, have you a pic of of your bike because I'm interested in the 6.8 plus.

Andy A

Patreon
Jan 13, 2019
North Yorkshire
Did you get the 6.8? What's the actual colour because in the website pics it looks green but advertised it says blue, have you a pic of of your bike because I'm interested in the 6.8 plus.

Hi there I did get the 6.8 plus but I am useless at posting pictures but the colour is a stunning metallic petrol blue and it looks superb.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Hi there I did get the 6.8 plus but I am useless at posting pictures but the colour is a stunning metallic petrol blue and it looks superb.
This is the colour:
Focus (1).jpg

And I have found (amazingly) a near perfect paint match:
Paint chip 2.jpg

Get some now while it is still current in the shops (Halfords in the UK)

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
That's a 6.8 plus? Looks a beauty, might have to get my order in. Been offered a free TEC pack and tubeless too.
Nope, sorry not a 6.8 Plus, it is the 9.6 NINE.
I only sent the pic so you could see the colour. From the Focus website I was expecting a much lighter blue colour. More like I would imagine the claimed "petrol blue" would look! Fortunately, I very much prefer the actual blue that turned up. Everyone that has commented all love the colour. Mind you, I wouldn't expect them to tell me "great bike, shame about the colour"! :p

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
That's a 6.8 plus? Looks a beauty, might have to get my order in. Been offered a free TEC pack and tubeless too.
GO FOR IT on long rides I find its comforting to know the TEC pack is there just in case I need it .
Have Fun
NB there are a growing number of Focus owners on here ...

Andy A

Patreon
Jan 13, 2019
North Yorkshire
GO FOR IT on long rides I find its comforting to know the TEC pack is there just in case I need it .
Have Fun
NB there are a growing number of Focus owners on here ...

I agree go for it I am a new owner but in a short space of time I am loving this great bike and it is good to have the TEC pack for longer days :)

Albez

Sep 14, 2018
United Kingdom
What size do you think would fit best for someone at 5ft7? Can't decide whether to get a small or medium. Im buying online so cant try the bike out.

Andy A

Patreon
Jan 13, 2019
North Yorkshire
What size do you think would fit best for someone at 5ft7? Can't decide whether to get a small or medium. Im buying online so cant try the bike out.

I am about 5'8" and bought a medium and I would get a medium at your height if I were you :)

Albez

Sep 14, 2018
United Kingdom
What tyres are you all using as the maxxis recons don't seem to get good reviews. Wanna have plus tyres but which ones suit the UK weather the best?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
The Rekons fitted to mine are good tyres for dry weather. I had a 3C on the front and a 1C on the rear, both 29x2.6. But I was unhappy with them from the first ride. I never had confidence that the front wouldn't let go, and the rear wouldn't get me out of holes.

So I went for a 29x2.5 WT Maxxis High Roller II 3C Maxx Terra EXO TR on the front. For the rear, I would have preferred a dual compound or even a single compound, but I couldn't find one, so I put the same on the rear as well. Each tyre weighs 1016gm vs the 890gm and 806gm of the previous front and rear tyres. Having ridden them for several weeks now, they are absolutely brilliant!

By the way I had the tyres set up tubeless as part of the deal, but the rim tape on the rear was leaking air before I'd even ridden the bike! I replaced it with Gorilla tape. Less than 100 miles later I replaced both tyres as above and the rim tape on the front was dodgy as well! I just could not get the tyre to inflate. More Gorilla tape and the tyre went straight up. If you are thinking about going tubeless, don't mess about, just rip off the manky OE stuff and use Gorilla tape!

Macone

E*POWAH Master
Oct 28, 2018
Wellington New Zealand
I've had mine since mid October and done 1700km's on it. Hasn't missed a beat. On my second chain. Back tyre getting quite worn now so will need to replace soon.On my second set of Brake Pads. Has been summer riding in New Zealand so Recons have been ideal. TEC pack gets used quite a bit (longest ride was 105km). Absolutely the best toy I've bought myself in decades. I'm going on 58yrs and spend much more time on this than I do my Harley. I'm no light weight either at 114kg so I ask a lot of the bike. You're gonna love yours when you get it. Definitely recommend the TEC pack as I've for example got a real tough steep hill ride close to home that I need to use "Boost Mode" on, quite a bit, and this can flatten a battery in around 16-17km. "Eco Mode" on basically flat roads gets me around 70km per battery.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles