Anyone have Shimano XT M8050 Di2 on a Levo?

gulbanan

Jan 2, 2019
Norway
Hello,

I can't seem to find anything or anyone writing about installing the Di2 on a Levo anywhere.
I'm wondering where you could put the battery? I have seen they say seatpost is often used but not possible with a dropper post.
Are there any other spots to put the internal battery on the Levo for Di2?

Also, is the display able to get battery levels or assist level information in any way?

Would love to hear if anyone has experience with this and could share:)

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
the brose motor has an output for lights, not sure what voltage you need but it might work

duk916

Jul 12, 2018
New Zealand
Hi, i have XT DI2 on my LEVO 2018, battery is in the gap above the battery in to the head tube. I beleive it is wedge in with foam ect. I havnt seen it local bike shop did it for me.

gulbanan

Jan 2, 2019
Norway
Hi, i have XT DI2 on my LEVO 2018, battery is in the gap above the battery in to the head tube. I beleive it is wedge in with foam ect. I havnt seen it local bike shop did it for me.

Hi, thanks for the reply!
Good to know it fits in there:)

How do you like it?
Were you using the stock setup before you got the Di2 or did you get the bike with Di2 from the start? If you had stock before, do you feel the upgrade was worth it?

duk916

Jul 12, 2018
New Zealand
Hi i put it on after a week. Yes defiantly worth it as far as im concerned, I fit it to most of my bikes Ive been running XTR or XT Di2 for years now. I did like sram e tap on my road bike, may be take a look at the new Eagle e tap for mountain bikes.

Topolino

Jan 27, 2019
München
Hi i put it on after a week. Yes defiantly worth it as far as im concerned, I fit it to most of my bikes Ive been running XTR or XT Di2 for years now. I did like sram e tap on my road bike, may be take a look at the new Eagle e tap for mountain bikes.

Do you use a regular XT chain with it or are you on an E-specific chain?

Welshman

Subscriber
Nov 8, 2018
South wales
Hi, thanks for the reply!
Good to know it fits in there:)

How do you like it?
Were you using the stock setup before you got the Di2 or did you get the bike with Di2 from the start? If you had stock before, do you feel the upgrade was worth it?
You could also slide the battery into your handlebars and drill an exit hole for the cable near the stem clamp as I have done.....works a treat

irinotecan

Sep 24, 2018
New York
Just ordered the SRAM eagle axs upgrade kit for my 2019 expert. Includes shifter and derailleur, and ordered eagle 12 speed cassette and chain. I decided not to bother with the cranks. Reviews look awesome. I'll post a review when it arrives.

Rich-Baillon

Jul 19, 2019
UK
Just ordered the SRAM eagle axs upgrade kit for my 2019 expert. Includes shifter and derailleur, and ordered eagle 12 speed cassette and chain. I decided not to bother with the cranks. Reviews look awesome. I'll post a review when it arrives.
Hi, I would be interested to now how you like the Eagle set up and if you think the 500% is needed compare to 1*11 on a Levo? I run Eagle on my none Ebike and really like it but think it might be unnecessary on an Ebike.

croz

Apr 14, 2020
Central FL
I'm seriously considering upgrading from SRAM GX mechanical to XT Di2. I've always been a fan of Shimano shifters on mtb's and I'd like electronic shifting having ridden a bike with XTR Di2 and loved it. Will any XT Di2 1x11 build kit work? I intend on using the OEM Praxis cranks. Anyone had any issues?

duk916

Jul 12, 2018
New Zealand
I have XT Di2, which was fitted after a couple of weeks. I run standard cranks and original cassette. This is on a 2017/18 levo.

Dubz

Oct 6, 2020
New Forest
I installed this recently - coincided with a drivetrain refresh, so swapped out the SRAM components for a Shimano XT cassette (11-46T) and XT chain...recently changed the Praxis crank to 36T but works perfectly well across SRAM/Shimano.

The install is not straightforward if doing it yourself, but if comfortable tapping/drilling (depending on where you install battery) etc, it isn't difficult to do.

There's no convention on how to do the install, particularly around placement of the battery - I put mine into the handlebars, as was a snug/perfect fit - small holes in the handlebars to run the wires had it looking nice and tidy. Good luck if you go ahead - worth it in my opinion!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles