Anyone got the Scott eride ransom 910?

Godders76

Apr 29, 2020
Peak District, uk
Morning all, I'm currently seriously considering the Eride Ransom 910 and wonder if anyone has one yet. The distributor are currently looking to see if they can get hold of one in large for me, I know that it probably going to be a long wait though. Only real reason I'm looking at this is due to normally getting a good deal from the local bikeshop and they stock Scott. What are peoples views on the bike or the 920 model. Is 180mm too much, I currently have a 170mm/165mm enduro 27.5 wheeled bike and a 120mm cannondale habit. The enduro is going and being replaced by the larger scott. Any advice appreciated thanks.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
TBH we dont get/see as many Scott owners on here as you might expect given the size of the brand and amount of EMTB'S the make - I think the main issues is that to date they haven't really made a "cool" EMTB, for want of a better phrase, and they get overlooked because at least IMO and maybe others there are a lot of better looking bikes out there. Three no doubt the bikes are very good, they just dont tend to get lusted after like others.

However the new Ransom model may change that, as its by far the best EMTB they have made to date imo, and a great spec, with none of the twin lock etc etc.

Godders76

Apr 29, 2020
Peak District, uk
Hi, and thanks for the reply. Yes its a funny one regarding the Scotts, definitely not many of them around. I found myself felt put off from the lockout lever/gubbins on the bar. I could of got a scott eride genius 910, but felt put off by the remotes. Its probably a better all round machine for what I'll need, but the call of the Ransom is rattling my ears. Brendog's looks sweet, he needs to do a few more videos of it. I don't know if it would manual very well with the longer chainstays?

Taff_d

Jan 9, 2021
North Yorkshire
I have a Scott 910 Strike, it was either that or a Spec Levo and I never felt comfy on the Levo, plus I got a real good discount off the Scott as it was s demo bike. The Strike and Genius share the same frame but the Strike has a more relaxed riding position, so I dumped the Twinlock fitted Fox Factory 160mm forks and a Factory DPS 150mm shock, I've upgraded the wheels after wrecking a rim and fitted Hope V4 brakes. Love the bike as I'm tall and I fit into well.

IMG_20210110_112707.jpg

IMG_20210110_120258.jpg

jerry

Dec 22, 2018
Belgium
TBH we dont get/see as many Scott owners on here as you might expect given the size of the brand and amount of EMTB'S the make - I think the main issues is that to date they haven't really made a "cool" EMTB, for want of a better phrase,
I agree. Same goes for Cannondale, imho. Someone at CD is getting hammered for being too late at the party.

I've been looking at Scott as well, as they were one of the few offering 29'' AND dual battery. But the looks turned me off, as did the somewhat lacklustre reviews.

Godders76

Apr 29, 2020
Peak District, uk
Thanks for the reply's, the snowy pics look bloody brilliant. I still feel very tempted for the ransom, love the looks and style of riding its aimed at. I think id be a bit more happy if it was a 160/170mm travel, but not when its an ebb i dont think it will matter. Im not really planning epic all day rides on this machine, just quicker local rides, but getting to the downs faster and doing more of them. It should be a blast.

Taff_d

Jan 9, 2021
North Yorkshire
Thanks for the reply's, the snowy pics look bloody brilliant. I still feel very tempted for the ransom, love the looks and style of riding its aimed at. I think id be a bit more happy if it was a 160/170mm travel, but not when its an ebb i dont think it will matter. Im not really planning epic all day rides on this machine, just quicker local rides, but getting to the downs faster and doing more of them. It should be a blast.

I'm the opposite to much arthritis in the old joints can't take the knocks anymore, I like a good battery draining XC Rideout always finish with a few downhills mind and the bike handles them a dream

Godders76

Apr 29, 2020
Peak District, uk
Where about are you based Taff? I'm just on edge of Peak District, but Manchester side.
Ive got an xc full sus bike that ill still use for longer day rides out and a cyclocross bike to (is that not fashionable now due to gravel).

Taff_d

Jan 9, 2021
North Yorkshire
Where about are you based Taff? I'm just on edge of Peak District, but Manchester side.
Ive got an xc full sus bike that ill still use for longer day rides out and a cyclocross bike to (is that not fashionable now due to gravel).
North Yorkshire at the base of the Cleveland Hills which has some narly downhills, but on top of the hills is the North Yorkshire Moors with endless possibilities for rides out. Just been up this morning it's Baltic ?

IMG_20210113_121815.jpg

IMG_20210113_114606.jpg

mastakilla

Apr 25, 2020
usa
Does anyone know what the flip chip for High Low setting does for the bike? This is not clear to me. On the website it says that the bike is 27 and 29 compatible. Is the flip chip to run mullet or to run full 27?

I am wanting a bike I can run mullet.

Godders76

Apr 29, 2020
Peak District, uk
Hi, I think the flip chip alters the geo, slackens it off, and with it slackened you can then put the 27.5 in the back. Or just slacken it but keep it full 29er.
Mega excited now that ive committed to getting one, bring it on.

Godders76

Apr 29, 2020
Peak District, uk
The local bikeshop spoke to the rep who said he can get his hands on one for me. It was supposed to be for a big bikeshop somewhere so would only get it if I was definatley buying it. So I have put a deposit down on it. Apparently its been collected already, however the deliver is supposed to be April? Not fully sure if its been collected why delivery will be months off?? Maybe they just aren't shipping any bikes out of Europe at the moment??

Geeman

Nov 23, 2020
Uk
So has anyone actually got a Scott Ransom Eride either model, But my main question is, The battery is it horizontal or vertical and easy to take out. Not seen the bike in the flesh as yet.

mastakilla

Apr 25, 2020
usa
I am in US and no 910 available only 920. I put deposit on 920 for May delivery. Dealer said was originally slated for March but now May.

Darkyhs

Oct 25, 2020
Lisbon, Portugal
There is actually 1 in size M in stock @ Bike24.de. I have purchased multiple bikes from this store while not living in Germany and can say they are quite good. The last bike we ordered was the Contessa Strike of this year for the wifey :) They updated the Bosch Software for 85Nm and it came almost fully assembled. Only the handlebar we had to mount. 2.5m long box (rofl)

1614345088638.png

Moe Ped

Apr 19, 2020
Perth Australia
The battery drops down the same as all the other Scott’s.

Rode it today after having it for 3 weeks really like it will now sell my 910 Strike.

mastakilla

Apr 25, 2020
usa
what size did u get. i am wondering on sizing since its shortish reach compared to wheelbase. at 6 foot even (183 cm). scott website puts me on large, but i am wondering about xl

Godders76

Apr 29, 2020
Peak District, uk
SO today should of been the day the Ransom 910 eeb arrives, been so excited waiting over 3 months for this, BUT.......
the rep now tells the local bikeshop no chance of getting one, maybe June or July. Lost all faith as he said there was one and it had been collected for the local shop. Gutted :( Not sure what to do, get deposit back and try find something else or just wait?

Moe Ped

Apr 19, 2020
Perth Australia
It’s a really good bike, one of the magazines did a test of the 25 top ebikes available for 2021 and the Ransom won the Best Buy category. They basically said it just did everything really well and both new and experienced riders would like it.

Their review matches my experience that it’s very stable and great to ride. Not sure why but it’s makes my strike seem less comfortable which is what the Strike is built for.

mastakilla

Apr 25, 2020
usa
It’s a really good bike, one of the magazines did a test of the 25 top ebikes available for 2021 and the Ransom won the Best Buy category. They basically said it just did everything really well and both new and experienced riders would like it.

Their review matches my experience that it’s very stable and great to ride. Not sure why but it’s makes my strike seem less comfortable which is what the Strike is built for.

do you have a link to this article?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles