Levo Gen 2 Anyone asked for a Refund?

Vilt

Feb 13, 2019
Berg en Terblijt, The Netherlands
Law here is that you deal with the place you bought it from. If you bought it from LBS, then you basically have nothing to do with Specialized and they owe you nothing. LBS is your point of contact. But that varies per country, I guess.

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
In our country if technical item is in service repair for 45 days or more (you can sum all days from all repairs) we can request a new item or a refund, technically at least, however for such expensive bike I can't imagine this going through so easily ... also many have upgraded components and sold original ones, so it's even more difficult to do this ...

SWORKSLOVER

Aug 20, 2020
Southern California
In our country if technical item is in service repair for 45 days or more (you can sum all days from all repairs) we can request a new item or a refund, technically at least, however for such expensive bike I can't imagine this going through so easily ... also many have upgraded components and sold original ones, so it's even more difficult to do this ...
Thanks. It would be hard to part with her. I’ll just take the new motor and keep my ?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I'd keep getting new motors until you get close to the end of the warranty period for the bike an then sell the bike with a new motor.
Beware all used Levo buyers where the bike has a new motor!

Ivabign

May 2, 2020
LA
I believe Specialized's policy is to reset the warranty period when a new motor is installed (for the motor at least).

I'd keep getting new motors until you get close to the end of the warranty period for the bike an then sell the bike with a new motor.
Beware all used Levo buyers where the bike has a new motor!

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
It's been covered on here many times and is part of the reason the warranty for 2019/2020 MY bikes was increased to 4 years.

neils

Aug 28, 2018
Wokingham UK
It does seem strange how some have been through many motors and some are still on their original motor. I'm one of the lucky ones... bought my 2019 Expert in Oct 2018, only had the power cable fail and that was in the first couple of months, been fine ever since. I keep my cadence average around 80-90rpm, to do this you need to make good use of the gears. I note some riders don't. I don't use Turbo much either, I'm mostly in 30%. Probably why my motor is still running fine ??

Mihail

Nov 11, 2019
Munich
Well... I ride it, uphills, and go down hills, and then go back uphills to go down hills... then the motor stops working. You must have a good one. Lucky!
Awesome answer, but I was also wondering the same. Mine has 2000KM with no issues so far. I'm using all riding modes and different cadences and push quite a technical climbs often. I'm starting to think it has something to do with carbon frames and vibrations (Just speculating). I find it unlikely that you got extremely unlucky with 5 motors.

McInner1

Subscriber
Jun 8, 2019
Austria
I think it has more to do with how you treat the motor: without respect or with "technical empathy". ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles