Anybody ridden Focus Jam2 9.6 plus

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
Don’t know about that particular model but I have been running a Jam2 Factory for the last two years and really enjoyed it. It has done everything I have asked of it. It has however just had its battery & loom replaced in the last month.

S D

Mar 26, 2019
Shelley
Yes , thats my bike, (, 2019 )
One of the reasons i went for this model is it only weighs 20kg with the inbuilt battery .
Ive only done some 400 km not had any issues so far , its all good.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I have ridden the Focus Jam 6.7 Plus on a test ride. The bike I chose to buy was the Focus Jam2 9.6 NINE. It was the 6.7 Plus that convinced me to go Focus. But I wanted a lighter version and I wasn't a particular fan of the 2.8" tyres. Hence the 9.6 NINE.

You are considering the 9.6 Plus, which is a mix of the bike I have and the bike I tested that I liked so much. So it should be good. You say you are not sure which to go for; what other bikes are you looking at?

Mine is a fantastic colour, a slightly darker and richer blue than the petrol blue on the website. It may be reserved for the carbon framed versions, dunno. Here is mine:

I have since changed the tyres. I dumped the Maxxis Rekon 2.6 (3C front, 1C rear) for Maxxis HRII 2.5 (3C F&R). Brilliant tyres! I run tubeless and the bike weighs 20.4 kg without pedals, size large.

Focus.jpg

The big advantage of that colour is that it is a Peugot car colour! It is Aegean Blue metallic and touch up kits are available from Halfords. It is a perfect match! Anything else you want to know?

Albez

Sep 14, 2018
United Kingdom
I have had both the 6.7 plus and the 9.6 plus and prefer the colour of the 9.6 although I would disagree with Steve and say the 9.6 is a lighter colour than the petrol blue of the 6.7 bike. The 6.7 is more a greener blue whereas the 9 6 is more of a blue if that makes sense. Both lovely bikes though and the weight difference is not huge, I just preferred the look of the 9.6 plus. I haven't clocked up many miles on it so far so time will tell how reliable it is but so far loving it.
20190512_144859.jpg
20190423_171117.jpg

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
Just remember, you cannot, easily remove the battery with these bikes and there seems to be, at the moment, a problem re-charging it when very cold (there certainly is with mine). So in those circumstances I have to take my whole bike into a warm environment.

Also, you are not going to get the same range as your mates with their 500wh batteries so end up having to carry your TEC battery with you which then negates the much vaunted 'lightness' of the bike.

For these two reasons alone I would not buy another Jam2.

Peterg

Apr 26, 2019
Uk
Just remember, you cannot, easily remove the battery with these bikes and there seems to be, at the moment, a problem re-charging it when very cold (there certainly is with mine). So in those circumstances I have to take my whole bike into a warm environment.

Also, you are not going to get the same range as your mates with their 500wh batteries so end up having to carry your TEC battery with you which then negates the much vaunted 'lightness' of the bike.

For these two reasons alone I would not buy another Jam2.
What dista ce where you getting on average??

Peterg

Apr 26, 2019
Uk
I have had both the 6.7 plus and the 9.6 plus and prefer the colour of the 9.6 although I would disagree with Steve and say the 9.6 is a lighter colour than the petrol blue of the 6.7 bike. The 6.7 is more a greener blue whereas the 9 6 is more of a blue if that makes sense. Both lovely bikes though and the weight difference is not huge, I just preferred the look of the 9.6 plus. I haven't clocked up many miles on it so far so time will tell how reliable it is but so far loving it. View attachment 14077 View attachment 14078
Nice

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
My XL Factory plus will be up for sale in a couple of weeks. Is not pristine like a new bike but is a lot higher spec than the 9.6 you mentioned.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles