Anybody having issues with loose suspension bolts on Meta power?

eabmex

Patreon
Jun 8, 2018
Guadalajara, Mexico
I remember one post here about this issue and it was also mentioned in at least one review, anybody else experiencing this? If so how often do you have to retighten them? I was about to buy one next week (finally!) but I do not want to get into a potential safety issue.

Japuserid

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall, UK
All bikes suffer from loose bolts from time to time, especially when new, the Commencal is no better or no worse and is certainly not a safety issue. The Meta Power is a very well designed and built bit of kit and is superb value for money. Which model were you looking at?

Last edited:

eabmex

Patreon
Jun 8, 2018
Guadalajara, Mexico
Most likely Meta Power 27 Fox, or Meta Power 29 (on analog bikes I prefer 29 inch wheels). I do mostly ride trails and are not really into bigger jumps.

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
No safety issue , at all , they needed a little Re tightening when new , just bedding in really . I check them every month or so as I would any other bike . But never found one getting loose enough to be anything like a safety issue , you would notice play and noise long before anything fell off .
I had a creak related to a suspension joint and slightly overtorquing the bolt has cured it , the linkages are quite hefty and I think benefit from tightened a little more than they say , but as said above all bikes should have components checked regular for tightnes, things coming loose is a normal bike problem .

Etacata

Jan 21, 2019
Mt. Hood, OR
I have had my meta power since Nov. no problem with the suspension bolts but the rear wheel thru axle keeps loosening on me. tried blue then red locktite and it still loosens several times during a ride. annoying and a safety issue.

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
I have had my meta power since Nov. no problem with the suspension bolts but the rear wheel thru axle keeps loosening on me. tried blue then red locktite and it still loosens several times during a ride. annoying and a safety issue.
I have no info but wondering if there’s an aftermarket thru axle that would solve that and maybe even add some function to the part . Some I’ve seen are cleaner fitting and dont protrude and I think there’s some that actually work as a tool(maybe they’re front axles?)

sparkyveg

Oct 19, 2018
Cornwall
I remember one post here about this issue and it was also mentioned in at least one review, anybody else experiencing this? If so how often do you have to retighten them? I was about to buy one next week (finally!) but I do not want to get into a potential safety issue.
I had a suspension bolt come loose on Haibike Xduro .Took out all the bolts cleaned and assembled using locktight,no problem since,just to be on the safe side the bolts have a hole through the middle so looped a cable tie thro and around the frame, So if one works loose you don,t loose it.Happy pedaling

Kernow

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
I’ve had this on other bikes , it was always due to a wheel bearing beginning to seize . The bearing begins to sieze and spins on the axle where it then tightens up as it gets hot . So check your wheel bearings and the bearings in the free hub

Dax

May 25, 2018
FoD
I had a bunch of bolts come loose on my kenevo on the first few rides. One quiet afternoon I printed off the torque specs and torqued up every bolt on the bike. Nothing has come loose since.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles