Any other Cube Stereo 160 owners?

Oldcreaky

Feb 8, 2019
Bristol
Waiting to pick up my new Cube stereo hybrid 160 SL 500... feel like a kid waiting for Christmas!!! Any top tips for when i pick it up?

It's coming with an EU plug for the charger, this standard? Any recomendations of adapter to use?
Your supplier should supply a UK power lead as standard. Both my Cubes had the lead in the box along with the EU lead.
I purchased the same bike in Feb as it seemed the best value for the money, I fell off it within 300yards of the shop when having to stop at a roundabout due to me forgetting to lower the dropper post and super sticky brand new DMR VAULT pedals super embarrassment. I am very inexperienced with full sus bikes but am gradually learning especially with the dropper post remembering to lower it when approaching a stopping point. This is due to my age and creaky joints etc.
The bike is very capable and far above my ability but hoping to get better.
If you have not had a full on full sus bike before take your time and set everything to your liking, when you pick the bike up your dealer should set the suspension and saddle position for you, it took my dealer well over 30 mins to sort me out and i still altered some settings. I am still adjusting things as I use it more, thinking of a comfier saddle and new bars also bling to alleviate the dull colour scheme.
Above all enjoy the capability of the bike and ride as much as possible and adjust in small increments.
Good Luck when you get it.

Reuben

Apr 7, 2019
TN40 1RL
Your supplier should supply a UK power lead as standard. Both my Cubes had the lead in the box along with the EU lead.
I purchased the same bike in Feb as it seemed the best value for the money, I fell off it within 300yards of the shop when having to stop at a roundabout due to me forgetting to lower the dropper post and super sticky brand new DMR VAULT pedals super embarrassment. I am very inexperienced with full sus bikes but am gradually learning especially with the dropper post remembering to lower it when approaching a stopping point. This is due to my age and creaky joints etc.
The bike is very capable and far above my ability but hoping to get better.
If you have not had a full on full sus bike before take your time and set everything to your liking, when you pick the bike up your dealer should set the suspension and saddle position for you, it took my dealer well over 30 mins to sort me out and i still altered some settings. I am still adjusting things as I use it more, thinking of a comfier saddle and new bars also bling to alleviate the dull colour scheme.
Above all enjoy the capability of the bike and ride as much as possible and adjust in small increments.
Good Luck when you get it.

Thanks Oldcreaky, I've opted to travel to collect it from the shop instead of having it delivered so I can make the most of their expertise and have some support getting it set up correctly. I will make sure I ask them about the power cable.
I'm totally inexperienced with mountain biking all together. I cycle daily but on a hard hybrid on the road. I've had a quick couple of hours on a hired full sus lapierre and i know its going to take some getting used to, but I'll do my best to get out of sight of the shop before I take my first tumble! I've got my knee pads ready to get them scuffed and my ego ready to be bruised. Im well aware if the steep learning curve I'm about to take!

Reactions: MsO

Frankieboy

Jan 14, 2019
Basingstoke
Waiting to pick up my new Cube stereo hybrid 160 SL 500... feel like a kid waiting for Christmas!!! Any top tips for when i pick it up?

It's coming with an EU plug for the charger, this standard? Any recomendations of adapter to use?
As per @Oldcreaky post, my cube came with a European and uk lead. Worst case scenario cut the Euro plug off and put a uk one on.

You will find plenty of great advice from others on hear for setting up your bike, just use the search feature.

Enjoy your new bike and have lots of fun.

Mad Mark

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Nov 2, 2018
Burton on Trent
I had to do it. Jumped in with both feet. Just got the Cube Stereo Hybrid 160 Action Team 2019. Just like Reuben said it feels like Christmas and i don't get it till Friday ….
Any General tips for a emtb nuwbie much appreciated.
Well done tony c ?
Hope my write up on the other thread helped you with this decision
All I will say about riding an e bike is you will love it and soon get use to it....but you won't stop enjoying it

Top tip - don't fall off it outside the shop....embarrassing ?

Reuben

Apr 7, 2019
TN40 1RL
I had to do it. Jumped in with both feet. Just got the Cube Stereo Hybrid 160 Action Team 2019. Just like Reuben said it feels like Christmas and i don't get it till Friday ….

If mine's not ready tomorrow I'll also be collecting mine on friday (next day off)! We can trade geeky photos of our new rides! Where did you end up getting it from?

Reuben

Apr 7, 2019
TN40 1RL
Bought it second hand.. but really. Excited. Expect pics at the weekend... :)

Nice! Bet you got a good deal then, the AT looks great, if Id had the extra cash I'd have loved to get it. Unfortunately for me second hand bikes was pretty impossible to find cos I needed a small frame. But got 15% off on my 2019 160 SL so im pretry happy with that. Keep your fingers crossed for me that they've got it ready for tomorrow!

Darren Bacon

Feb 12, 2019
nottinghamshire
Had mine a month now. Great bike. Cut bars down to 780. Keep playing with shock not found a setting I'm happy with just yet.

Reuben

Apr 7, 2019
TN40 1RL
20190416_192627.jpg

Wish i had a photo of it somewhere more exciting but at last, I've got it!!

Scratched the top tube already on the train ? and got so many people asking about it that it's made me totally paranoid about it getting nicked! Insurance tonight!
20190416_192627.jpg

Stray cat

Aug 24, 2018
On the trails
There will be 27,5 170/160 and 29 150/140, some models carbon frame, new geometry and some changes in parts. And of course new Bosch motor
Another pic. This would be equivalent to a Hybrid SL 500 2018-2019

IMG_2360.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles