Any other Cube Stereo 160 owners?

Ernie

Hi, got the 160 action team a couple of weeks ago, first ride round Cannock over the weekend and am loving it.
EE1FB47D-89B7-40C1-8505-71A65BA34BB0.jpeg

Gofurtherfaster

Oct 10, 2018
The woods
Stunning bike Ernie, be cool if we could get all the stereo owners together for a ride.
Really love the colours they chose for this years Action Team model, best so far, and the spec... forget about it, incredible.

leverleg

Sep 16, 2018
britain
I'm loving all the cube action on the forum now we have our own corner to be weird in.

Here's my bad boy this afternoon loving the late summer sun. Cube 140 sl500 2017. I love my bike ? ran out of battery for the first time today was just having too much fun to go home.
20181022_165702.jpg

bikerider007

Nov 7, 2018
Norfolk
Hi All.Today i picked up my Cube stereo 160 race/base model.... I am yet to try it it was too late/dark in end but the beast will have a full charge for tomorrow, now just hope it doesnt rain ...
it's my first ebike btw... i will get some pics asap.. cheers all

Gofurtherfaster

Oct 10, 2018
The woods
Hi All.Today i picked up my Cube stereo 160 race/base model.... I am yet to try it it was too late/dark in end but the beast will have a full charge for tomorrow, now just hope it doesnt rain ...
it's my first ebike btw... i will get some pics asap.. cheers all
Oh man, you're gonna love it... and first ebike too... nice.

sadphil01

Oct 18, 2018
Mytholmroyd
Got my first full suss bike & it's a cube 160 stereo ebike! Soon as I rode out the door I knew ebikes were what I was waiting for. However, the weather I've been riding in over the first 320 miles was atrocious & I managed to trash the bearings on the motor! The dealer wasn't really very helpful either, it happened 2 weeks before Xmas, he said keep riding it as it wouldn't get sorted before Xmas! Not too impressed I asked him what would be the delay & he was telling me they had to send the old motor first, which wasn't true. He then told me that he didn't get paid for the swapping of the motor, also untrue, they get 50 euros. I contacted bosch on this duff info & they told me what they needed & suddenly he managed to get it sorted for Xmas! The bike is great, I'm loving the climbing aspect, as for the dealer, I will give him the benifit of doubt for now but he will suffer my wrath if I get any more drivel.
20181106_154746.jpg

Trumpet

Mar 2, 2019
Stamford lincs
I've just jumped two footed into buying a Cube 160SL. Like most I've smashed the bash plate. Ordered a carbon replacement. I'm having a few setup niggles but loving it. I'm having many pedal strikes, even on not so technically challenging terrain such as Sherwood Pines. Possibly just a case of setting up the suspension correctly!

Screenshot_20190227_194453_com.whatsapp.jpg

Stray cat

Aug 24, 2018
On the trails
Yes,bike is too linear. I put another spacer on the shock and running between 25-30% sag. So,I can avoid pedal strokes climbing. Plus,running M. Mary 2,80 front wheel,rear I couldn't fit in Minion DHR II 2,80,max 2,60

Trumpet

Mar 2, 2019
Stamford lincs
Yes,bike is too linear. I put another spacer on the shock and running between 25-30% sag. So,I can avoid pedal strokes climbing. Plus,running M. Mary 2,80 front wheel,rear I couldn't fit in Minion DHR II 2,80,max 2,60

Cheers for the reply. I'll try firstly with lobbing a 2.8 up front. But yes, climbing is very frustrating. Think I ruined a set of V12 mags in the peaks yesterday!

Reactions: MsO

Stray cat

Aug 24, 2018
On the trails

What size spacer did you install? I've just ordered a kit.

Cheers

Can't remember but I am going to swap it for a smaller one. Good mid-stroke support but not bottoming out even with mid sized drops
I weight 200 lb kitted up

Trumpet

Mar 2, 2019
Stamford lincs
Couple of upgrades this week. New carbon motor bash plate as the stock one is made from cheese, and an Easton Haven stem as the stock Raceface stem looked weedy and a bit too long! I've also installed a larger volume spacer into the shock as I was getting through the travel too easily and having pedal smashes. Only been for a quick ride however straight away, the shock feels much better.

IMG-20190306-WA0005.jpeg

IMG-20190308-WA0018.jpeg

Stray cat

Aug 24, 2018
On the trails
Couple of upgrades this week. New carbon motor bash plate as the stock one is made from cheese, and an Easton Haven stem as the stock Raceface stem looked weedy and a bit too long! I've also installed a larger volume spacer into the shock as I was getting through the travel too easily and having pedal smashes. Only been for a quick ride however straight away, the shock feels much better.

View attachment 11642

View attachment 11643

Nice. What size is that stem? I am thinking about setting a carbon handlebar
Where have you bought the bash plate?
Thanks

Trumpet

Mar 2, 2019
Stamford lincs
Evening Cubeists... Has anyone else noticed the battery plate cover doesn't sit into frame very well!? I've not noticed it before until I cleaned it.

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
Evening Cubeists... Has anyone else noticed the battery plate cover doesn't sit into frame very well!? I've not noticed it before until I cleaned it.
w model?

I have a 160 size S model and its ok (not 100% but ok). In my wife carbon 120 size S doesn´t sit very well . The rubber frame protector doesn´t alow the screw to go all the way in (not a very good design of the protector for S size frame).

Reuben

Apr 7, 2019
TN40 1RL
Waiting to pick up my new Cube stereo hybrid 160 SL 500... feel like a kid waiting for Christmas!!! Any top tips for when i pick it up?

It's coming with an EU plug for the charger, this standard? Any recomendations of adapter to use?

Reactions: Bis

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles