Any idea what this could be ?

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
While out for a local walk with my missus we came across this
20210121_151027.jpg

It looks like a trap of some description ..but for what ?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Maybe coypu have come back ?

Or it's a new lakeside retreat for someone ?

How big is it ?

Was it tethered ? or just someone's fancy postbox which had washed away in a storm ?

towzer

Aug 31, 2018
Oxfordshire
Might be an indicator trap (or whatever they’re called), not a trap but the floor is soft (like clay etc) and covered so they can work out what’s been there via the footprints

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
It looks like a weird design ... whatever it is ?! with it's curved front bits with knobs on and the way the roof is attached .. Looks like there's something in it, but I can't tell - go back and take more pictures ! :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

It just reminds me of "Boxing day boat races" .. someone here started boxing day boat races years ago to give kids something else to do on xmas day if they got bored .. You had to make a boat - or something that floated .. but only using rubbish. They then all get launched into the canal on boxing day at the same time and race .. over a weir to the finish line about another 100m on - for the survivors ... It was always very entertaining seeing everyones mad creations. Can't find most of the pictures which is annoying ..

This was my Wallace and Grommet boat .. an old Toilet seat ! mainly held together with expanding foam !

Gromet Boat.jpg

A mate who was over that Xmas made a paddle steamer from bits of crap and an old paint can. It faired pretty well until it was t-boned going over the weir by a 2m long oil tanker chainsaw carved from a single tree ...

Paddle steamer.jpg

The Oil tanker guy did a Viking Long boat in the same style - with lego crew - one year :

viking.JPG

I went powered one year with the Peach Catamaran, using an old hair trimmer which would run for about 2 minutes still ..

peach boat.jpg

One bloke then had the task of recovery using a kayak !

recovery.JPG

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
It did look as if it might have had something in at some point ..Next time we pass ..I will get the missus to have a look in ( nee chance of me taking a geek in case there is something in at the time ..?)..

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
It looks like a weird design ... whatever it is ?! with it's curved front bits with knobs on and the way the roof is attached .. Looks like there's something in it, but I can't tell - go back and take more pictures ! :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

It just reminds me of "Boxing day boat races" .. someone here started boxing day boat races years ago to give kids something else to do on xmas day if they got bored .. You had to make a boat - or something that floated .. but only using rubbish. They then all get launched into the canal on boxing day at the same time and race .. over a weir to the finish line about another 100m on - for the survivors ... It was always very entertaining seeing everyones mad creations. Can't find most of the pictures which is annoying ..

This was my Wallace and Grommet boat .. an old Toilet seat ! mainly held together with expanding foam !

View attachment 50872

A mate who was over that Xmas made a paddle steamer from bits of crap and an old paint can. It faired pretty well until it was t-boned going over the weir by a 2m long oil tanker chainsaw carved from a single tree ...

View attachment 50873

The Oil tanker guy did a Viking Long boat in the same style - with lego crew - one year :

View attachment 50874

I went powered one year with the Peach Catamaran, using an old hair trimmer which would run for about 2 minutes still ..

View attachment 50875

One bloke then had the task of recovery using a kayak !

View attachment 50876

I always wondered why French canals were so full of rubbish.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Using the same thread title ...another walk with the missus..threw up another puzzle ..
First though what a walk..starting off from the front door we went up to our local Waterfall ..Hareshaw Linn ..a 2 mile walk and saw a Merlin , Robin(s) , Roe Deer , Buzzard , Wren .....and my first sighting of a Eurasian Treecreeper..
20210208_140739.jpg
20210208_140811.jpg
20210208_140157.jpg
20210208_140125.jpg
20210208_134527.jpg

zoom in to the middle to see Roe deer.

20210208_143635.jpg

Tree creeper at base of tree..

Here comes the mystery pic ...
20210208_140613.jpg

Just a weird ice formation?
Used elephant condoms ?
Any ideas?

Last edited:

ale62

Mar 8, 2021
LONDON
Using the same thread title ...another walk with the missus..threw up another puzzle ..
First though what a walk..starting off from the front door we went up to our local Waterfall ..Hareshaw Linn ..a 2 mile walk and saw a Merlin , Robin(s) , Roe Deer , Buzzard , Wren .....and my first sighting of a Eurasian Treecreeper.. View attachment 52450 View attachment 52451 View attachment 52452 View attachment 52453 View attachment 52454
zoom in to the middle to see Roe deer.

View attachment 52455
Tree creeper at base of tree..

Here comes the mystery pic ...
View attachment 52456
Just a weird ice formation?
Used elephant condoms ?
Any ideas?
Seen under a microscope?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles