Any fun detours I can take on my 90 mile ride next Tuesday? (north east England to Scottish border...ish)

Dannich

Jun 16, 2020
Sunderland
Hi!

just got off the phone with specialized and my bike is being dispatched Friday, so I'll get it around Monday

what better way to test it out than a 90+ mile bike ride? :)

I have a spare 500wh battery on top of my bikes 700wh battery, and my friend lives 20 miles along the way so I will be doing a recharge there just to give myself a bit extra leniency for detours.

MOQoggj.png

Yes, I know it's not the most efficient route, but i really enjoy pedalling by the coast so wanted to be as close to it as possible! (I'll probably not take this exact path either this is just the first one generated by google when i chose my destination :p)

any fun detours I could take anywhere near this route?
doesn't look like it from the map view but never know unless I ask!

If I feel up to it, I'll even do the extra 60 miles to get to Edinburgh, but that part's a bit iffy as I'll have to be pedalling without power for about a hour, if i had to estimate.

but I've ridden a turbo levo comp without using the assist and it just felt like a slightly heavier bike, as opposed to the massive drag I had from my haibike. So I'm giving it about a 10-30% chance ill decide to do it lol

Dannich

Jun 16, 2020
Sunderland
Holy Island for lunch?

if the tide is kind to your planned route
what if i take out my inner tubes and use them to float to the island even if the tide's in? :)

good shout! i forgot holy island even existed, never been as every time we've driven past there was no access for a few hours

will definitely give it a look :)

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Just fit the biggest tyres you can find and use the whole bike as a raft ;)

I used to ride with this nutter!
(not in rivers tho)

STATO

Feb 18, 2020
North
Once you cross the Tyne head right to Tynemouth and follow the NCN1 north, it has 'offroad' options which hug the coast more and less climbing (thinking of your battery life) than your indicated route. But i guess your mate lives inland and hence the route?

natwilaniwartri

Jul 1, 2020
scottish borders
best of luck have fun hope all works out for you and be safe ............... this would great if ebike charge stations were around , in other European country they lots of charging stations , as found like cables that can convert from power plug of the station to ebike and then can take break and charge away , so like if u know there car station all need is adapter for that to charge ebike up as u have a break

Dannich

Jun 16, 2020
Sunderland
best of luck have fun hope all works out for you and be safe ............... this would great if ebike charge stations were around , in other European country they lots of charging stations , as found like cables that can convert from power plug of the station to ebike and then can take break and charge away , so like if u know there car station all need is adapter for that to charge ebike up as u have a break

thank you :) i will be renting an airbnb wherever my battery runs out, so i'm not too worried about charging, but it would be very nice if such charging stations did exist here :D

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles