Any chance a coil shock will work?

YokoOno

May 5, 2020
Colorado
Yeah I bet you’re right. It didn’t even say the year. It was on sale last December. I didn’t even know 11/6 made one for e-bike now. That’s awesome though. I’m assuming for any coil on an e-bike you need to run a higher Spring weight then normal? I’m having trouble narrowing that down right now.

No. The damping characteristics adjusted for the e-bike are more important than the spring.

Not to sound like a broken record, but I'm obviously a big Push fan. 11.6 is dialed for the Decoy - and the owner of Push rides a Decoy as well and so has personal skin in the game.

KenX

E*POWAH Master
Jul 21, 2019
Briançon, France
No. The damping characteristics adjusted for the e-bike are more important than the spring.

Respectfully disagree, the ebike is 10kg heavier than the analog equivalent which the spring charts are based on, so increases the perceived weight that the spring "sees", I would add 5kg to the rider weight.........

YokoOno

May 5, 2020
Colorado
Respectfully disagree, the ebike is 10kg heavier than the analog equivalent which the spring charts are based on, so increases the perceived weight that the spring "sees", I would add 5kg to the rider weight.........

Yes, spring weight has to account for the mass of the bike. Spring is based on bike weight + rider weight.

But my point, is that the damping characteristics of the e-specific shocks are significantly different than the non e-shock. And this makes all the difference in performance.

Sorinok

May 24, 2019
Romania
More important it's what do you do with your bike.... AND its important cinematic on your bike. The extra wheight on e bike its like a extra weight rider.
I have Rock Shox Super Deluxe Coil with setings for Jefssy...230x65mm
Hardwere 8x20mm, 8x40mm bushing
Coil 500lbs 151mm
Preis 400 euro, 25 euro coil
My bike now its what i need!

Fatdog

Dec 23, 2018
Northern Ireland
Got this put on Saturday..............have to get out on it yet...

shock dvo.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles