Any Brose Motor Repair companies like Performance Bearing in the U.S.?

2cool2fool

Sep 6, 2020
USA - Chicago
I’ve got a 2018 BH Atom X with a Brose S motor. The bike is 13 months old (since new) with less than 900 total miles - and the motor has died for the second time since new. Brose will not honor the warranty (they claim water damage) and want $1,000 for a replacement motor (plus the labor charges from the LBS).

Replacing the motor is well within my mechanical skill set - but rebuilding the motor is not. I’d appreciate hearing from anyone about options for how to have my motor rebuilt. The BH Atom X is an Emotion bike, so I need to have the software flashed (I think) and there are no BH Emotion dealers anywhere near me. I’m located in the US.

Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Wildbill67

Nov 23, 2020
Georgetown tx.
I’ve got a 2018 BH Atom X with a Brose S motor. The bike is 13 months old (since new) with less than 900 total miles - and the motor has died for the second time since new. Brose will not honor the warranty (they claim water damage) and want $1,000 for a replacement motor (plus the labor charges from the LBS).

Replacing the motor is well within my mechanical skill set - but rebuilding the motor is not. I’d appreciate hearing from anyone about options for how to have my motor rebuilt. The BH Atom X is an Emotion bike, so I need to have the software flashed (I think) and there are no BH Emotion dealers anywhere near me. I’m located in the US.

Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.
I've got 2 of the same bikes that I bought from Crazy Lenny's. Mine now has 2k And my wife's 1400. Still running great.
But it appears BH pulled out of US as we still have over a year left on warranty. I needed a part Creazy Lenny's just happened to have the special nut lying around
Researching I found, as you probably have online the co "Performance Line Bearings"
The home of ebike motor parts - .
Ill keep researching for a US shop And will send you link if i find a shop in the states!
A question to you, do you know who we can sends our battery packs to when they start declining?

2cool2fool

Sep 6, 2020
USA - Chicago
I bought my AtomX from Lenny in August, 2019. They just put in the second motor in September (not under warranty), but I have no doubt it will crap out again. Thanks for the link to the guys in Tennessee. That might really make a difference.

As far as the battery rebuild, I'm not aware any company that's doing it in the States - but sooner or later, it's going to be a great business for somebody to be in. If I run across anyone who does it, I'll update this post.

Wildbill67

Nov 23, 2020
Georgetown tx.
Thank's for the reply!
I bought 2 atom x's from Lenny's. One of the bikes had a problem and They promptly shipped us a new replacement bike.
1.Curious if you shipped the bike back or they just freighted new motor to you?
2. Cost ?

2cool2fool

Sep 6, 2020
USA - Chicago
Thank's for the reply!
I bought 2 atom x's from Lenny's. One of the bikes had a problem and They promptly shipped us a new replacement bike.
1.Curious if you shipped the bike back or they just freighted new motor to you?
2. Cost ?
I live n Chicago, so Lenny’s is a 3.5 hour drive. I brought the bike in and they did both replacements. Cost me $700 for the second motor. They told me Brose declined the warranty coverage due to ‘water damage’ - the bike had only been caught in the rain twice. Shitty Brose response.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles