Ant + controller

Stretch40

Jun 26, 2019
Durham
Hi all am I right in thinking I can buy any ant + computer off say Amazon and it will connect to my bike mines a 2019 trance but the controller was changed under warranty so has the later ant + controller will it read power and battery ? Thanks

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
It should do yes as it’s a communication standard.
mine works just fine with the Edge 520plus.
I got an ant+ controller last year for my 2019 Trance specifically so I could get E-Bike data on my Edge 520+.
On every ride it disconnects from the Garmin at some point (usually just before the point where I particularly want to know just how much battery is left), and I have to either reboot the Garmin or the bike to make it connect again.

Evolution Stu

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jun 30, 2019
Blackpool. U.K.
I got an ant+ controller last year for my 2019 Trance specifically so I could get E-Bike data on my Edge 520+.
On every ride it disconnects from the Garmin at some point (usually just before the point where I particularly want to know just how much battery is left), and I have to either reboot the Garmin or the bike to make it connect again.

Never had that problem with mine. Are you on the latest edge firmware as it had a lot of updates for stuff like that in the earlier days.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles