ANT+ Control Unit - Where to buy?

Evolution Stu

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jun 30, 2019
Blackpool. U.K.
Does anyone happen to know if you can just buy the 2020 ANT+ ride control unit for a Giant Trance?

Would like to have a pare in my toolbox when I’m out and about since they break so Damn often!

Note:
Even a pre 2020 would do as a spare to be fair, as they do work ok, but you lose auto mode and the ANT output.

Pic just for colour!

A06D0BA6-EA34-4FF3-B099-860AEE7C4122.jpeg

John208

Oct 1, 2019
Hampshire
I found This one can I replace the one on my 2019 fathom with this one, I am Fed up with it playing up when I wash the bike.Even though it is under warranty the dealer I bought it from was online 300 miles from me and the nearest dealer is not that interested in sorting it out and still wants to charge me labour to install it.I thought in the UK you get minimum 1 year full warranty inc

KuRi

May 30, 2019
Spain
I see the model you have listed is 2019 fathom e+ compatible!

Is it easy to install? Do you have a manual or tutorial to do so? Thanks!

Bilko

Aug 18, 2018
Dorset
I found This one can I replace the one on my 2019 fathom with this one, I am Fed up with it playing up when I wash the bike.Even though it is under warranty the dealer I bought it from was online 300 miles from me and the nearest dealer is not that interested in sorting it out and still wants to charge me labour to install it.I thought in the UK you get minimum 1 year full warranty inc

Afaik Giant only give the warranty parts to the shops and won’t pay labour costs. If you buy the bike from your local bike shop they do the warranty repairs for free as goodwill. It does seem strange as when you buy a new car you can take it to any dealer and not pay labour.

John208

Oct 1, 2019
Hampshire
Yep only reason I bought mine online was a saving of £800.Can any one tell me where the connection is for the ride one controller ,is it near the head stock or in the motor area

bushkila

Mar 10, 2020
Europe
Just pull gently ,it will come out it sits near the head stock.There is plenty of cable lenght so you can pull it out without any problems, and connect the new RideOne

KuRi

May 30, 2019
Spain
Just pull gently ,it will come out it sits near the head stock.There is plenty of cable lenght so you can pull it out without any problems, and connect the new RideOne

Thanks for the info! After connecting the new one, then will I be able to push the cable in again? Cheers!

John208

Oct 1, 2019
Hampshire
Just took mine out to see, It felt stuck but took battery out and wiggled the main cable it plugs in to and just gently prised it out where the grommit goes,took 5 mins max

KuRi

May 30, 2019
Spain
Yupp, it worked!!! Ordering mine right now...

It is easy, and the wiggle of the big center cable of the battery hole helped and lot... but mine unplugged just after taking the head out!!! I did not lost the cable just for 5mm!

So take care and do not use too much pull when trying to get the connector out ;)

bushkila

Mar 10, 2020
Europe
As i already said "Just pull gently ", thats what i ment.
By the way if you recognize a white cable plug, this is where your Front light gets plugged in. In case you wanna know.

KuRi

May 30, 2019
Spain
I did not see any white cable plug... where is it? (I am interested in pluggin in a light as well)

KuRi

May 30, 2019
Spain
Amazing, then it must be pretty close, but I can't see it! Thanks!

Any direct compatible lights that you are aware of??? Thanks Again!!!

KuRi

May 30, 2019
Spain
I found it! Thanks :)

If anyone is interested, you can freely access to all the cables and connectors if you remove the battery lock mechanism.

One additional question if you don't mind... What kind of connector is the light? I would like to use some 6v lights that I already have and would like to put a male connector on it instead of changing the bike connector.

Is this?
02R-JWPF-VSLE-S JST Sales America Inc. | Conectores, interconectores | DigiKey

Thanks!!!

Last edited:

KuRi

May 30, 2019
Spain
Hi again bushkila,

I see the Lupine SLSF light requires 12W and the Giant motor gives 9W Max... so I guess I am able to use the SLS only, right?

I also like the Lezyne Macro Drive 1000 but requires 9.75W...

Thanks!

bushkila

Mar 10, 2020
Europe
I use the Lupine SL SF since more than one Year on my GiantSyncDrive Pro Motor ,no Problem at all. But Lupine provides their Lights whith an Male JST Connector,....well that fits all Yamaha Systems( Haibike for Example) but Giant has decided to but Male JST on their Systems,...so you have to change the Lupine light cable to an Female JST Connector..
If you want to order one of their lights, i suggest you write them an Email, so they will change the JsT Connector to female. They will do that for you, i`am sure.
Which Motor do you have? SyncDrive Sport or the Pro?

KuRi

May 30, 2019
Spain
I have the pro (fathom e+2 pro). I am really interested in the lezyne macro drive 1000 which is cheaper than the lupine and can be bought easily where I live.
I think it requires less power than the lupine, and it is very good news that the lupine works for you, but I don't want to try it if I can damage anything.

Cheers!

bushkila

Mar 10, 2020
Europe
Doesnt matter, 9756km 12 Month , 5 days per week from -20 degrees to +38 Degrees.From Rain to Snow I did it all,...so did the Motor and the Lupine SLSF with no problem at all.
The Lupine SL was mountet on my old Haibike with Yamaha PW Motor for about 13 000km ,...with no problem at all,...the PDF says its not compatible!,Haibike told me the same,...still it works without any issues at all, till today. Feel free to buy any Light you want....

KuRi

May 30, 2019
Spain
Nice! I will do and post some pics when it is installed and will let you know how it works. I have all the wiring ready just waiting to pick up the light!

Thanks again! I owe you a beer!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles