Another Nottingham Newbie

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I have been doing guided rides for years*, first for MBR Forum members and then when the MBR Forum was withdrawn, for the Bike Radar Forum. I have been doing two per year, mostly off-piste, but using the FC trails to move about the forest. Attendance has varied from 6 riders to one unforgettable ride with 19 riders! But 10-14 is more typical.

I am always prepared to show other riders around the off-piste stuff at any time, but I won't be doing another "event" until late Spring. By then, I should be fully adjusted to my emtb and not make a fool of myself in front of the clockwork riders.

* All free, gratis, for nothing, zip, nada, no charge! But a thank you is always nice! :)

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Have done some but admittedly not a lot recently. Anything other than the off piste jump line and the fishbowl worth venturing to?
There are all the World War 1 trenches and the defensive ridges. Then there is the railway cutting and the embankment, plus what is on the other side of the old railway line (there be dragons out there!) :)

softtailcruiser

Patreon
Nov 23, 2018
Tamworth
It would be good for an initial meet-up. But the White Peak does call me.... Lots of lovely xc stuff. Used to do some mtb orienteering there back in the day. Great fun and I was always in the last 4 or 5 in my age category, but it was a great way of getting out for a few hours and exploring somewhere new.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles