Levo SL Gen 1 Another Levo SL Custom Build with extender/Coil fitted ! FINISHED !

TomH79

Jan 5, 2020
Finland
Wont the extender hold at place without velcro?
Water bottle has newer dropped from zee cage.

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
Wont the extender hold at place without velcro?
Water bottle has newer dropped from zee cage.
Yes it will hold it place without the Velcro . I’ve only put Velcro band on as I snapped my rubber band . The band at the top also holds it down an extra mm . I will have extender In back pack or leave in car as this bike will do at least 1 lap on any of my local trails as longest is 18 miles .

TomH79

Jan 5, 2020
Finland
Yes it will hold it place without the Velcro . I’ve only put Velcro band on as I snapped my rubber band . The band at the top also holds it down an extra mm . I will have extender In back pack or leave in car as this bike will do at least 1 lap on any of my local trails as longest is 18 miles .

It will do a lap. Yesterday rode 100km/1100m ascent and 60%battery left ?

ebikeZA

Apr 2, 2018
Cape Town
All finished ..
Tested with oem rear shock and now coil shock .. I managed to get the extender to fit with the coil shock by taking the bottle cage off and using the 2 black plastic washers that are in the inside and put both washers on the bottom outside lifting the bottom of that cage up and it resulting it having a gap and not touching the coil against the extender .
Now then the pics .
Pics shows the bike with and without the coil shock .

View attachment 30209

View attachment 30210

View attachment 30211

View attachment 30212

View attachment 30213

View attachment 30214

View attachment 30215

View attachment 30216

View attachment 30218

View attachment 30219

View attachment 30220

View attachment 30221

View attachment 30222

View attachment 30223

View attachment 30224

View attachment 30227
Nice build...

Why did you not route the rear brake into the opposite side of the frame to make a cleaner line ? that way the brake line and the power line run into the same side of the frame ?

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
Nice build...

Why did you not route the rear brake into the opposite side of the frame to make a cleaner line ? that way the brake line and the power line run into the same side of the frame ?

Really ? i dont fancy stripping the frear triangle of the frame to take out the tubes that the brake hoses go into . unless you didnt know that this is what would need to be done . i would need to swap the tubes out which to be honest would be pretty hard . as i would need to take the motor and the battery inside the frame all just to swap a 2 tubes around ... maybe not hard but a lot of hassle .

ebikeZA

Apr 2, 2018
Cape Town
Had no idea there are tubes that guide the cable. . Though it was just a case of routing the cable into the frame like any other bike.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Just a bit like putting a GTI badge on your 1.4 Golf - that’s all.
Each to their own though.
I wouldnt know that they weren't ENVE wheels just by looking at them, but now I do I have to agree - personally I wouldn't have any decals and I think the bike would be perfect, I always think any big rim decal is too much.

If you want a decal why not get some custom ones off Silk Graphics?

Great build though

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
I wouldnt know that they weren't ENVE wheels just by looking at them, but now I do I have to agree - personally I wouldn't have any decals and I think the bike would be perfect, I always think any big rim decal is too much.

If you want a decal why not get some custom ones off Silk Graphics?

Great build though
I thought it was my bike ..
It only becomes a problem when I come to sell
The wheels and try and pass them off as Enve ..
Which is insane just even saying it . Like I said enve make nice decals and that’s it ..

These are custom graphics that’s on the wheels .

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
I reckon there'll be clearance issues when it gets rough!!
How ? When it compresses the piggy back comes away from the battery . I.e when I sit on it it’s even further away . Ans I’ve done some good gaps and got good air on my local woods and not a single issue .And it will only be used on longer rides when I go down the peaks in summer once the lockdown is finished .

Last edited:

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
It is your bike, its a great bike, just saying that if it was me and I wanted wheel graphics I would getsomething bespoke rather than another brand.

Important thing is you like it! People always going to comment when you post up a build, hell my bike looks like a technicolour nightmare to most people!

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
It is your bike, its a great bike, just saying that if it was me and I wanted wheel graphics I would getsomething bespoke rather than another brand.

Important thing is you like it! People always going to comment when you post up a build, hell my bike looks like a technicolour nightmare to most people!
Now you’ve given me ideas to do something that’s me .. to be honest it’s a bit to red on the wheels .

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles