Another fresh-faced eMTB'er!

lloydbayliss

Jun 24, 2019
UK
Hi folks,

Just bought myself a second hand 2018 Levo Comp Carbon (I think). First foray into ebiking, after many of the guys I ride with have either picked up an ebike for occasional rides or are 100% electric. Have a 2016 Scott Genius LT as my daily ride, but looking forward to pushing the Levo through some hefty technical stuff that wouldn't be possible with my Scott.

Very impressed with this thing's capabilities so far, did a hell of a climb the other day that beggar'd belief, and a flat out circuit on the weekend that Strava categorised at 15.5 mph average speed, which included some decent on -and off-road climbs and some nice quick off-road downhill. This could be fun!

The bike's battery is suffering from what seems to be the common problem where the LEDs are either out or showing amber/red. Have contacted Specialized UK for advice, but not hopeful as it's a second hand bike. Thinking about getting a Wahoo Elemnt Bolt to help with battery management (among other stuff of course), but more research is required, along with more funds!

Look forward to following people's experiences and stories on here :)

Lloyd

lloydbayliss

Jun 24, 2019
UK
Thanks Jon, fingers crossed! Haven't had a reply from them yet.

Connected Mission Control this morning before charging and it's showing system status as "(!) Contact Dealer" which is a worrying development. Does anyone know if there's there a way of finding out where the issue is?

Cheers,
Lloyd

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
Even if they did the battery and motor are sealed units. If it’s the motor there’s a guy on here that refurbishes motors.

The battery, well if it’s under 2 years old it may still have warranty. Specialized have been ok about battery failures in the past but that was with original owners..

Only thing I can suggest is do as it says and get the bike down to a spesh dealer..Are you in the UK?

lloydbayliss

Jun 24, 2019
UK
Even if they did the battery and motor are sealed units. If it’s the motor there’s a guy on here that refurbishes motors.

The battery, well if it’s under 2 years old it may still have warranty. Specialized have been ok about battery failures in the past but that was with original owners..

Only thing I can suggest is do as it says and get the bike down to a spesh dealer..Are you in the UK?
Yes, South Wales. Bike was bought from Don Skene, Cardiff originally.

After charging, MC showed the status as Ok, so dodged that bullet for a minute :eek:

Was thinking of asking the Specialized guy on here for some advice if I don't here anything back through official channels ;)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles