Another charger query

Jamsi

Apr 22, 2020
Kirkcaldy
I know there have been other posts asking the same question but seem to get conflicting answers.
I have a 2019 stance e + 2 bike with a 400 battery. After doing a short ride my battery was ar 65%, I put it on charge as usual however it did not charge the battery. Went out for another ride and got the battery down to 2%, again put it on charge and nothing happened. Have tried charging it on and off the bike.
Because of this look down I can't get to the shop I bought the bike from and I can't post the battery.
So don't know if it's a faulty battery or charger. The giant charger manual states the charger should be green when switched on but not connected. Is this correct, previous posts have contradicted this. My charger is RED when not connected which makes me think it may be a charger fault. Is there anything else I can do to work out what's faulty.

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
I know there have been other posts asking the same question but seem to get conflicting answers.
I have a 2019 stance e + 2 bike with a 400 battery. After doing a short ride my battery was ar 65%, I put it on charge as usual however it did not charge the battery. Went out for another ride and got the battery down to 2%, again put it on charge and nothing happened. Have tried charging it on and off the bike.
Because of this look down I can't get to the shop I bought the bike from and I can't post the battery.
So don't know if it's a faulty battery or charger. The giant charger manual states the charger should be green when switched on but not connected. Is this correct, previous posts have contradicted this. My charger is RED when not connected which makes me think it may be a charger fault. Is there anything else I can do to work out what's faulty.

The LED on my charger is RED until connected to a battery. While charging it flashes green.
20200423_093034.jpg

Kiwi Giant

Subscriber
Feb 11, 2020
New Zealand
Mine, for a 2020 Fathom charger GLI180A model, the LED is green when plugged in, but not connected to the battery and red while charging.

Jamsi

Apr 22, 2020
Kirkcaldy
Thanks for the replies, both give different answers. Think I will just have to wait until they lift this lock down and then return it to the shop.

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
I should have added, mine is a 2019 Trance.

All the chargers I have experience with (giant, shimano, derby city) change status once they detect a battery, and start charging.

Good luck getting back on with it.

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
Mine also is for a 2019 Trance.
Plug in the charger and the light is solid red.
Attach the battery and the light goes to flashing green.
When it is fully charged the light goes to solid green.
The instruction booklets that came with the bike were completely wrong, and were obviously from an earlier generation of charger.
My LBS phoned Giant to check the lights I was getting were correct.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles