Annual Levo Logging

nicklej

Patreon
Oct 11, 2018
Camberley
Hi all, I plan to use my Levo a lot this year...maybe as much as 15k miles.
I live 37 miles from work but get a train for 7 miles of that journey and so will be riding 30 miles twice a day for my commute.

Would anyone be interested in a weekly log that I would post here containing the following:
  • Total mileage and ride time for that week
  • Any bike problems that week and what I had to fix/replace
  • Total spent on parts (if needed)
  • A screenshot from MissionControl os BLevo with battery information to see how the health of the battery deteriorates with high, regular usage.
  • I will also include details about fitness too. How sore I get from riding and maybe a quick note about my diet. This point is likely to be excluded most weeks but I may mention something related to this every now and again.
What do you guys think? I want to be able to use this as a long term document for reliability concerns for this bike which may help other users out in the future but also give realistic ideas to how much maintenance and the costs involve with owning an e-mtb.

Cheers
Jake

nicklej

Patreon
Oct 11, 2018
Camberley
Yep, it would be interesting to follow :) Commuting that much every day will be impressive!
My main incentive to do this is for the community. There are some "long term" reviews of a levo but they don't necessarily include long term miles and only ownership. It's an expensive bike to abuse but hopefully my usage will go well. I should have all the gear I need early Feb so will likely start logging then. :)

I'll probs do a written log in more detail so there is data to review and a very basic YouTube vid as well to cover my week as well :)

Jake

Tetsugaku

Founding Member
Mar 4, 2018
Brighton uk
Coo well that beats me - I do 200k+ per week (though less the last few weeks in the icy temperatures...) Motor gave out after 4,000K and had to be replaced!

nicklej

Patreon
Oct 11, 2018
Camberley
Coo well that beats me - I do 200k+ per week (though less the last few weeks in the icy temperatures...) Motor gave out after 4,000K and had to be replaced!

You're still banging in miles though! Mine is under warranty so if the motor does decode to poop itself hopefully I'll be covered there - was yours a warranty fix?

Tetsugaku

Founding Member
Mar 4, 2018
Brighton uk
Yeah it was done all ok in the end, even though I'd clocked it for occasional off road use - entire drive train needed replacing at the same time and the cassette had been replaced before at about 2000 - think the wear will be less now I now how to ride it a little less hard!

nicklej

Patreon
Oct 11, 2018
Camberley
Yeah it was done all ok in the end, even though I'd clocked it for occasional off road use - entire drive train needed replacing at the same time and the cassette had been replaced before at about 2000 - think the wear will be less now I now how to ride it a little less hard!
I expect to replace the drive train parts a fair bit. To be fair, If i do end up being able to get 300 miles per week consistently, getting a new battery each year wouldn't be bad value!

I'm 21 and my motorbike insurance is £240p/m. I'd happily exchange 3 months of insurance for an extra battery :p

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles