Annoying noise found while road riding

sdcoffeeroaster

Jul 22, 2018
San Diego, CA
Now that I've been doing all my riding on the side street hills around my house with all of our trails closed, I've been able to find a noise that used to come and go on the trials. The surprising result is that it was the end of my show lace hitting the left side cover, lol. You know, that little plastic piece on the end of the shoe lace. So dumb and I could never catch it happening on the trails but on the quiet roads it was so obvious. I tie my laces so they are shorter on that side and with a double knot and nothing but the quiet whirring of the motor now. Just thought I'd pass this along. That side cover has been the source of more than one very similar noise for me since it's a bit like a drum covering at times.

Spicey

Nov 28, 2019
North Yorkshire
Now that I've been doing all my riding on the side street hills around my house with all of our trails closed, I've been able to find a noise that used to come and go on the trials. The surprising result is that it was the end of my show lace hitting the left side cover, lol. You know, that little plastic piece on the end of the shoe lace. So dumb and I could never catch it happening on the trails but on the quiet roads it was so obvious. I tie my laces so they are shorter on that side and with a double knot and nothing but the quiet whirring of the motor now. Just thought I'd pass this along. That side cover has been the source of more than one very similar noise for me since it's a bit like a drum covering at times.
i have a 2019 kenevo expert which recently like you mentioned riding on rd a lot, i started to hear a clicking noise. just like a headset but checked it and the noise was still there , eventually today i traced it to the ohlins coil shock somewhere, stripped it off the bike, cleaned it including bushings on shock and frame and the ticking noise has gone?thank god .

so anyone with a kenevo with an ohlins shock and an anonymous ticking while riding flat, check amd clesn your shock.

Spicey

Nov 28, 2019
North Yorkshire
i have a 2019 kenevo expert which recently like you mentioned riding on rd a lot, i started to hear a clicking noise. just like a headset but checked it and the noise was still there , eventually today i traced it to the ohlins coil shock somewhere, stripped it off the bike, cleaned it including bushings on shock and frame and the ticking noise has gone?thank god .

so anyone with a kenevo with an ohlins shock and an anonymous ticking while riding flat, check amd clesn your shock.

MartinW148

May 30, 2018
Essex, England
Just a random fact.... the plastic end of a shoelace is called an Aglet... there's a pub quiz question if ever I heard one..

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
For extra points ;
The word “aglet” (or “aiglet”) originates from Old French “aguillette” (or “aiguillette”), which is the diminutive of “aguille” (or “aiguille”), meaning “needle”. This in turn comes from the original Latin word for needle: “acus”. Hence, an “aglet” is like a short “needle” at the end of a shoelace.?

sdcoffeeroaster

Jul 22, 2018
San Diego, CA
Just a random fact.... the plastic end of a shoelace is called an Aglet... there's a pub quiz question if ever I heard one..
I can hardly wait until we can ride on the trails again! My group is going to be so impressed with me when I curse at that "damn aglet", lol. They'll quickly realize how productive my quarantine time turned out to be.

Maybe we could re-purpose the word
1587395106065.png
aglet for the biking world?
1587395106065.png

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles