• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Unanswered Ankle protection?

dirt huffer

E*POWAH Master
Dec 3, 2018
Minneapolis
Does anyone wear ankle protection with their flat pedals? If so what are you running?

Been riding flats for years without a care, but after injuring my Achilles i'm looking for a bit of abrasion protection in the event a foot bounces off a pedal. The only cycling ankle protector i've found is from 7iDP.

7iDP 2018 Control Ankle
» Control Ankle Protector

Krisj

Patreon
May 1, 2018
Sheffield
Haha @Gary I had the same brace for dirt jumping when I came back after snapping my ankle bone 4screws and 7 months later these gave me the confidence to start hitting the dirt again.
@dirt huffer They were very comfy and you didn’t know you were wearing them. I’d definitely recommend them for ankle injury support and prevention??

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
SingleTrack Shin Protector | Soft Easy Fit Protection | Endura
There’s are the best knee shin pads I’ve ever used , they protect right to the top of a boot . They are so comfy and all the mud stays on them rather than your legs someasy cleanup when it’s mucky
Ive had the Troy lee ones for a while which everyone raves about but I never use them after these .
As for boots , there s few with reasonable ankle protection , Iam currently using the north wave gore tex which have now seen 3 seasons and still good

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles