Angleset? 27.5?

Richt20000

Jun 29, 2018
Uk
Has anyone fitted an angles to slacken it out to 65 degrees?

Anyone tried 27.5 x2.6 front and rear (with an extended fork to keep the front end up)?

-W-

Jan 6, 2019
Finland
I have 1-degree Works angleset in my bike and fork is also 165mm. Did this because I am running rear end at higher position to gain some pedal clearance (I ride often in very rough terrain and stock bike at low setting has just too low BB height to my purposes + a bit slacker front end helps too).

But I run stock tire combination with this setup. In winter I have 27.5x3.0 Fat Freddie spike tires front and rear and then I run rear end at lower position = keeps the geometry same than my summer setup

Last edited:

Richt20000

Jun 29, 2018
Uk
I have 1-degree Works angleset in my bike and fork is also 165mm. Did this because I am running rear end at higher position to gain some pedal clearance (I ride often in very rough terrain and stock bike at low setting has just too low BB height to my purposes + a bit slacker front end helps too).

But I run stock tire combination with this setup. In winter I have 27.5x3.0 Fat Freddie spike tires front and rear and then I run rear end at lower position = keeps the geometry same than my summer setup

Thanks.
I’m at the point that there isn’t an Ebike available with the perfect geometry / wheelsize for me, so its a case of modifying something.

From reading up and what you say it seems the BB is low (which is good for me as its mainly very steep forest loamy trails nr me rather than rocky terrain)

Maybe I would just stretch it out to 65 degrees with a -2 works headset and put a 2.6 on the rear running in high mode, keeping 29er up front.
2.8 is no good where I ride, I need the rear tire to bite in mud/loam rather than grip rock.

Thanks!

-W-

Jan 6, 2019
Finland
Thanks.
I’m at the point that there isn’t an Ebike available with the perfect geometry / wheelsize for me, so its a case of modifying something.

From reading up and what you say it seems the BB is low (which is good for me as its mainly very steep forest loamy trails nr me rather than rocky terrain)

Maybe I would just stretch it out to 65 degrees with a -2 works headset and put a 2.6 on the rear running in high mode, keeping 29er up front.
2.8 is no good where I ride, I need the rear tire to bite in mud/loam rather than grip rock.

Thanks!

Yep - stock BB is very low and excellent if you don't have to pedal in rocky/rough terrain. When I visit bike parks/downhill tracks I also put the rear end to low position since lower BB works very well in that kind of environment.

And even though BB height is something like 328mm at stock in low position, it is okay for most of the riders since rear suspension is very supportive = rear end doesn't wallow deep in the stroke all the time like in many bikes, but istead of that it has nice progression and "pop" = fun and lively to ride.

Standard 29x2.5" Minion works very well up front expecially with shorter stem. I am 1.80cm/87cm inseam (=short upper torso) and I have 40mm stem in L-size bike = excellent combo for my kind of technical and twisty riding.

Last edited:

Eddy Current

E*POWAH Master
Oct 20, 2019
NORTH Spain
The later I believe.

I’m running mine with a -2 angleset, giving me 64.8 degrees, with a 170mm fork and a 27.5x2.6 front tyre on - 27.5x30mm rim. Feels like a proper Enduro bike now!

is a shame it can run no bigger than 2.35 in the rear (as I read in another thread) ... the versatility of this bike would be amazing

Justchillin

Aug 28, 2018
Derby
6E081F11-358C-4498-B5BB-056930638086.jpeg
Yes 200mm 27.5 it gives me 65ha in high

dykov

May 25, 2020
Poland

Which angle set you have? I mean the sizing and type. Is it Works EC44-ZS56? Does it rise stem?
Thanks

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles