STUnlocker Android App for Shimano motors is available

Tim.scrap

Jun 10, 2019
Germany
I never try, increase the peak to 550w to me don't make any sense, even because is only the istantant peak and not the continuous power.
Then the only one we know who try to go to 600w had broken the motor on the next run.
So, too much risk by me.
Thanks for that info.

raine

E*POWAH Master
May 9, 2019
SoCal, USA
Finally got connected but not really much to change.
Did this on an I phone, looks like I might have to buy an Android phone and a license to make any worthwhile changes.

If you "did this on an iPhone" then you're not using this app... the STEPSunlocker is Android only. the eMaxMobileApp is iOS only. They are two totally different apps from two totally different people.

BTW you don't need an Android phone - you just need an Android device with Bluetooth that has Android 5.0 or higher.

So far comparing the two, STEPSUnlocker is a better deal at about $33 USD for a license for all the adjustments possible (including the ability to downgrade firmware to make more settings available) but it takes multiple attempts before it gets a Bluetooth connection. The eMaxMobileApp always connects on the first try, but the license is steep at around $133 USD to get the same features as the curretn STEPSunlocker.

I switch back and forth between both as both devs have been updating each app frequently.

More discussion on the iOS app here: Emax iOS app available - EMTB Forums

valium64

Sep 16, 2018
Massa, Italy
I never try, increase the peak to 550w to me don't make any sense, even because is only the istantant peak and not the continuous power.
Then the only one we know who try to go to 600w had broken the motor on the next run.
So, too much risk by me.
Thanks for that info.
Better, in truth I try in my ultra Eco preset to reduce the power peak on ECO to 250, Trail 300 and Boost 400 and then cone back all on 500w and was working fine.

suso

Jan 18, 2019
Italy
You’d happily put an app by a Russian developer that sits behind an anonymous looking gmail account on your Android phone? Ok.
Yes he his Russian and Google is from USA. I don't believe Google would allow in his own store a dangerous/malicious app. Antivirus on my phone didn't detect anything... The Russian guy did a great job ! Thanks a lot. It works fine form me !

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
I usually use my original e8000 display to change settings etc, but I normally use an EN-EW100 connector when riding my bike (with my Garmin computer). Will the settings still be OK once I disconnect the e800 display and hook up the EN-EW100?

Also I have two bikes. I see the licence is serial number specific. Any discount for two motors with the owner?

Gordon

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
Yes he his Russian and Google is from USA. I don't believe Google would allow in his own store a dangerous/malicious app. Antivirus on my phone didn't detect anything... The Russian guy did a great job ! Thanks a lot. It works fine form me !

To be fair, see my subsequent comments in this thread. I addressed this.

Btw. You have more faith in Google than I do ;)

Drmaestro

Jun 16, 2019
Turkey
Hi,
I have downloaded the app. I want to upgrade the license but we don’t have access to Paypal in Turkey for more than 2 years. Is there another way to pay for it?
Thanks

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Unable to connect app via Bluetooth on 4.7.0 firmware with SCE7000. Nothing has helped.
Any screenshots? video? I have a same bike as you - no any issues with 4.7.0 and SCE7000

AverageJoeMTB

Jan 24, 2019
Forest of Dean
New "Gears setting" are for someone who wants to upgrade mechanical gear shifting to Di2 and vice versa.
P. S. I have no any issues with connection. Connecting by the first attempt using all my phones.

I've just purchased a Di2. I already have your app and it works perfectly.

Will this update be enough to change the motor to work with the Di2 or are further changes required?

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
Looking for a bit of help on the downgrade as I’m from Apple Land and am probably missing something.
I downloaded the app to an android tablet. After a shaky start got it to connect. Sorted out the license ok. Tried to set the speed limit to 20mph/US and it wouldn’t play ball, kept going back to EU. Guess it is coz I’m on FW 4.7 so go for the downgrade.
Installed E-TUBE on the tablet.
Downloaded the DAT files from the Steps unlocker website to a windows 10 tablet.
Plugged the Android tablet in and went through the file explorer Android/Data/ but no COM.Shimanoxxxxxx
Thought it might be coz I hadn’t opened the E-TUBE app so did that and it downloaded the latest FW at start up. Thought it would have created the correct file path but when I reconnected it to the Windows Tablet it still wasn’t there....
Is there such a thing as ‘hidden files’ or something else I’ve missed?
0E526178-42BE-428C-9DC8-CD5493BFEB81.jpeg

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
Ok the Shimano folder was not showing up on the windows tablet but did show up on the Android device file explorer so I was able to drop the files onto the Android tab then put them in the correct folder from there??

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
The instructions said to look for the folder on the PC via file explorer when the Android device was connected. Maybe the instructions need refining?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
E8000
E-tube settings
Eco low (20% 30Nm)
Trail Mid (90% 70Nm)
Boost High (300% 70Nm)

E7000
Steps Unlocker custom settings
Eco 60% 30Nm (low?)
Trail 100% 60Nm (mid-ish)
Boost 238% 60Nm (high)

Use all modes on each bike.

Last edited:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
What settings have people used for ECO, Trail and Boost?

I've dropped my Eco down to 40%, which seems to still work fine for me and I've not got the legs of a Kangaroo. That Said, I'm with @raine and just leave it in trail more and more as I still seem to get the same range.

I use boost if I'm knackered on a hill as I need it .. or when being a sad sack and going for an uphill KOM on the grounds that it's an e-bike and on an e-bike KOM, who's going to use the least power possible :)

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Any idea why my new bike (E7000 motor) battery health is showing as 32%? (3 charge cycles)
My other bike (E8000 motor) battery is 100% health (27 charge cycles).

Does health increase as a new battery is used?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
battery health is showing as 32%?

My guess is that your new pack, sadly, has some cells down from the factory. Presumably @vadII just extracts the health data as a variable from the controller rather than calculating it himself.

You also said that the e7000 was gutless compared to the e8000, I've only very briefly tried an e7000 but I didn't find it that much different (though when using this information keep in mind that I am an inept Moron who can barely stay upright on a bike for more than 10 meters).

So it could be your pack is only sticking out 18v. Have you tried a different pack in the Sentier ?

HORSPWR

E*POWAH Master
May 23, 2019
Alice Springs, Australia

This app is awesome, as is the developer, he is lightning fast to reply to emails and sent me my license key within minutes of payment. He also provides all the steps and info to downgrade your firmware if required. Don’t let paranoia stop you from having access to the best shimano steps app out there!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles