STUnlocker Android App for Shimano motors is available

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Will it work on an android tablet - I have a five year old Samsung sitting in a cupboard somewhere

DAZ1925

Nov 7, 2018
UK
I have a samsung tablet and It won't work on that. If you look at the app in the playstore there is a link you can click on to check your devices.

1559215615830.png

maramouse

Mar 24, 2018
Genoa Italy
Unfortunately, nothing to do with the firmware downgrade, with android ... when, at the end of the operations, I open E-tube on the phone (without wifi and network connection), no new firmware is detected and 4.0.7 remains .. .. I give up, I'm sorry I paid the license, but I don't have time to do a thousand tests ...

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Unfortunately, nothing to do with the firmware downgrade, with android ... when, at the end of the operations, I open E-tube on the phone (without wifi and network connection), no new firmware is detected and 4.0.7 remains .. .. I give up, I'm sorry I paid the license, but I don't have time to do a thousand tests ...
I have no idea what are you doing. But, I downgraded FW few times on my bike from 4.7.0 to 4.6.1, to 4.3.2 and vice versa. I helped many customers to downgrade FW, even on E6100 motor! No any issues at all!

maramouse

Mar 24, 2018
Genoa Italy
Dear friends, I solved, I uninstalled and re-installed E-tube, then, with the PC and the PCE-1 interface, I returned to the last firmware released by Shimano, then without internet connection redid the procedure given by steps unlocker for the downgrade to version 4.6, and now it work!
I tried to do a further downgrade to version 4.3.2, but I had problems and the 8000 display stopped working, leaving only the "shimano steps" message, I returned to version 4.6 and now everything is ok

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Dear friends, I solved, I uninstalled and re-installed E-tube, then, with the PC and the PCE-1 interface, I returned to the last firmware released by Shimano, then without internet connection redid the procedure given by steps unlocker for the downgrade to version 4.6, and now it work!
I tried to do a further downgrade to version 4.3.2, but I had problems and the 8000 display stopped working, leaving only the "shimano steps" message, I returned to version 4.6 and now everything is ok
You are great!!! Congratulations!

tuomos

May 30, 2019
finland
paid the 30e via paypal, after a minute got a link to update the app, updated, restarted the app, everything works as intended. 33kmh max, putting a grin on my face:) perfect, thank you. i was considering getting the e-max software, but this is a lot more affordable and simpler solution.

shimano e8000
fw 4.6.1
oneplus 7 pro

edit: max speed (US mode) seems to be around 31kmh, but the assistance cutoff feels much smoother than when in 25kmh mode

Last edited:

Agu

Feb 3, 2019
Estonia
Hi, the app doesn't connect. Shimano DU-e8000 motor, fw 4.6.1, SC-E7000 and Samsung s9. I have played with synchronized switching of both bike and app, also tablet, but no luck. Any suggestions?

valium64

Sep 16, 2018
Massa, Italy
Did you grant localization and Bluetooth rights to the application when you first started up?
Did you follow the instructions in the pop-up that appears when you press the connect button?
Before connecting with the application you have paired the bike with your smartphone via the Bluetooth connection menu and then checked with E-tube to connect?
Finally, if you had previously changed the pin to the bike via E-tube, you entered it in the App settings screen before trying to connect?

Agu

Feb 3, 2019
Estonia
Yes, localization, Bluetooth, instructions, pairing, E-tube, pin-check - all done. It actually finds the bike sce7000 and starts connecting up to 6% and then comes notification that connection got interrupted. All times. So, still having difficult times to get the app working.

valium64

Sep 16, 2018
Massa, Italy
Unfortunately bluetooth is not the most stable and strong protocol that exists, have you tried to do the procedure in a place where there are not too many electromagnetic interferences like WiFi networks or many electric and electronic devices?
For example, if I use bluetooth connections in the room that I use as a studio and laboratory with the multimedia editing workstation, the work PC, the laptop, the two NAS, the WiFi router and printer, the network switch and the USB one, the tablet and 2 smartphones the bluetooth protocol I can use it badly even just to listen to music or make calls, for data communication I have to move with the two intrested devices out of the room and at least 4 or 5 meters away.

raine

E*POWAH Master
May 9, 2019
SoCal, USA
Just want to add some info to the thread - I have successfully used an old 2013 Asus Nexus 7 WiFi tablet + this app to downgrade from 4.6.1 to 4.3.2 on my e-bike (Shimano DU-E8000 motor, Shimano SC-E8000 display). Pretty effortless, just took a couple minutes for the firmware downgrade to complete.

raine

E*POWAH Master
May 9, 2019
SoCal, USA
Updated version 1.2.12 just released:

- They added a "Gears" menu option. I am assuming this is for calibration, don't know for sure since there's no manual or help documentation anywhere.

- Other features look the same.

- Connecting with Bluetooth is still hit or miss...Sometimes I can connect within 5 attempts, sometimes I'm there for over 5 minutes trying to get the "turn e-bike ON then hit OK" button press timing just right so that the app sees my bike. Compare that to the eMaxMobile app (iOS) that connects perfectly every time - even faster than Shimano's E-Tube app.

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
New "Gears setting" are for someone who wants to upgrade mechanical gear shifting to Di2 and vice versa.
P. S. I have no any issues with connection. Connecting by the first attempt using all my phones.

StuE

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jun 4, 2018
Leeds
New "Gears setting" are for someone who wants to upgrade mechanical gear shifting to Di2 and vice versa.
P. S. I have no any issues with connection. Connecting by the first attempt using all my phones.
I have a Samsung s7 edge,it connects first time every time.

raine

E*POWAH Master
May 9, 2019
SoCal, USA

So what happens if you are using mechanical and you change the gear numbers? Would it do anything? Maybe use this combined with wheel size to get mph readings calibrated?

I have no any issues with connection. Connecting by the first attempt using all my phones.

That's great - considering it's your software, I'm sure you have no issues with all your phones. But I'm not the only one in this thread who has mentioned connection problems. You might not be experiencing it, but other users of the app are (paid or not).

Don't get me wrong - I think the app is great. When we tell you there's an issue, it's useful feedback - not some criticism or attack.

Can't wait for the next update. Keep up the good work.

e-mtbiker

May 4, 2019
Liverpool
App works great, reduced Eco to 45/30 which is perfect.

One query though, is it pulling in battery cycles through for everyone? I've checked both batteries on my focus and despite having discharged both of them a couple of times the cycles state zero for both. Unless my understanding of a cycle is incorrect?

valium64

Sep 16, 2018
Massa, Italy
Focus bike use a non standard Shimano battery, so il looks like the system himself is not capable to read from the BMS anything except battery level.
Even E-Tube by PC cannot read battery cycle and health on Focus bike.

Last edited:

Tim.scrap

Jun 10, 2019
Germany
Can you also change the power settings in the app? To 550W or e.g. to 75Nm. (Like emax app or unlocker for windows) If yes with with any bike Firmware? Without\With licence?

Thanks for infos upfront :)

Tim.scrap

Jun 10, 2019
Germany
If you're struggling to get a bluetooth connection like I am, you can't change anything. :(

Sometimes I need some trys to make connection work. First time was put on bluetooth settings at bike and second issue was correct Bluetooth Pin in app. Have 7000 display.
But with Software 4.5.1 on bike I can change power to 550W in the app, but when I try to save it, it stays at 500W. So power change not successful.

valium64

Sep 16, 2018
Massa, Italy
To change the power you must go to the settings page and select the voice to enable the operation.
Anyway, increase the maximum power peak is the only activity that is not suggested to do.

Last edited:

Tim.scrap

Jun 10, 2019
Germany
To chance the power giù must go to the settings page and select the voice to enable the operation.
Anyway, increase the maximum power peak is the only activity that is not suggested to do.
Will try again, think i did it like that. Did it work for you? With licence?

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
Sometimes I need some trys to make connection work. First time was put on bluetooth settings at bike and second issue was correct Bluetooth Pin in app. Have 7000 display.
But with Software 4.5.1 on bike I can change power to 550W in the app, but when I try to save it, it stays at 500W. So power change not successful.

Finally got connected but not really much to change.
Did this on an I phone, looks like I might have to buy an Android phone and a license to make any worthwhile changes.

valium64

Sep 16, 2018
Massa, Italy
To chance the power giù must go to the settings page and select the voice to enable the operation.
Will try again, think i did it like that. Did it work for you? With licence?
I never try, increase the peak to 550w to me don't make any sense, even because is only the istantant peak and not the continuous power.
Then the only one we know who try to go to 600w had broken the motor on the next run.
So, too much risk by me.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles