An expensive trip to the Trek shop

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
That’s what happens when you take the missus to make best use of her Nhs discount card
came away with my rail 9 and a power fly 4 625 for her I wasn’t expecting to even be in stock let alone buy .
hey Good nurse saved me 10% anyway
EAB7CA8D-B32F-4ADC-8693-0FC03549F310.jpeg
4294AA31-38AF-4E83-B28C-4257D543F412.jpeg

Kernow

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Good of the shop to also throw in one of those brand new drone controlled levitating rear mudguards for the rail. ;)
Your nobody round here if you haven’t got a hotpoint mudguard , that’s the extra wide 700 special in stainless steel with built in drinks dispenser on there . It will freeze a flying turd before it hits your ass every time ?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
My girlfriend got a regular mongoose.
I'm sure you're not that bad ? I know we all often play ourselves down ... but ????

Mongooses have long faces and bodies, small, rounded ears, short legs, and long, tapering tails. Most are brindled or grizzly

Most species have a large anal scent gland, used for territorial marking and signaling reproductive status.

Some species can learn simple tricks. They can be semi-domesticated

The mongoose emits a high-pitched noise, commonly known as giggling, when it mates. Giggling is also heard during courtship.

Well .. Maybe ?

Sh1t, I'm starting to wonder if I also have some Mongoose DNA ...

Kernow

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Virtually no paperwork with the bike , just this little basic booklet 2 keys for the battery and a couple of token spacers for the shock
ive found the bosch app and downloaded but it won’t pair with my iPhone
should I have more or is that it . Not even links to find suspension info etc , guess I’ve just got to search at sram online
shop said the Bike was already tubeless so I guess they added sealant ? Should have asked more I guess

F7BD3629-9769-41A1-8233-5688E8372B62.jpeg

TR5_20

Nov 22, 2020
Scotland
Very nice bikes and congratulations! (y)

My Rail seems to have moved into the kitchen on a permanent basis now - is that just a Trek thing? I suspect not. :)

Kernow

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Very nice bikes and congratulations! (y)

My Rail seems to have moved into the kitchen on a permanent basis now - is that just a Trek thing? I suspect not. :)
I think mine was only allowed because my wife’s was in there as well. Too cold to get them set up outside

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
Virtually no paperwork with the bike , just this little basic booklet 2 keys for the battery and a couple of token spacers for the shock
ive found the bosch app and downloaded but it won’t pair with my iPhone
should I have more or is that it . Not even links to find suspension info etc , guess I’ve just got to search at sram online
shop said the Bike was already tubeless so I guess they added sealant ? Should have asked more I guess

View attachment 48993
Surely you should have more? Both my cubes came with a bag full of paperwork for all the independent components attached to the bike. Maybe the shop couldn't be arsed? I doubt its already tubeless but I could be wrong. The phone should have no problem connecting to the kiox.
Download the bosch portal on your pc also.

Kernow

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
The old I need a spare battery I'll by the other half a bike switcheroo - nice
Your not the first to say that ? but a spare battery is cheaper than a second bike , and we both agreed that a second trek with common batteries was better than the cube she was going to have to wait months for . Honestly ?

Kernow

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Surely you should have more? Both my cubes came with a bag full of paperwork for all the independent components attached to the bike. Maybe the shop couldn't be arsed? I doubt its already tubeless but I could be wrong. The phone should have no problem connecting to the kiox.
Download the bosch portal on your pc also.
i dId expect paperwork for the seperate components as with most other bikes . I think the tubeless could be similar to my giant roadie , that arrived tubeless with sealant fir the dealer to install when the bike is sold , I guess it saves on tubes maybe ,
i Was very impressed with the shop , they even took time to set my suspension up for my wieght and fit a bottle cage etc Most just try to sell you a suspension pump

Doug Stampfer

Jul 7, 2018
NZ
Double check the tubeless aspect - unless you asked for it I would suspect that with those tyres left on it they meant tubeless ready.
EWhen I bought my bike I got home & realised I didn't have a charger??? I went back to the shop & they gave me the box with the leaflet you got (with disc) & the bits I needed. TBH nowadays there is more info on sites like this than the manufacturers

Kernow

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Double check the tubeless aspect - unless you asked for it I would suspect that with those tyres left on it they meant tubeless ready.
EWhen I bought my bike I got home & realised I didn't have a charger??? I went back to the shop & they gave me the box with the leaflet you got (with disc) & the bits I needed. TBH nowadays there is more info on sites like this than the manufacturers
With Disc ?
there’s a leaflet in the box that came with the bike that looks like sealant came with the bike ready to use before use , same as my giant .
I’ll ring them and check , beats breaking the bead of the tyre to see what’s inside

image.jpg

image.jpg

Pdoz

Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
You don't need to break the bead- just unscrew the valve cap and if there is no sealant spraying you then poke something down the valve to see if there is sealant ( works like a dip stick ) .

Mabman

Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
Even easier would be to undo the knurled ring nut on the valve stem and see if the stem has any significant movement. If it does there is a tube in there.

maynard

I'm sure you're not that bad ? I know we all often play ourselves down ... but ????

Mongooses have long faces and bodies, small, rounded ears, short legs, and long, tapering tails. Most are brindled or grizzly

Most species have a large anal scent gland, used for territorial marking and signaling reproductive status.

Some species can learn simple tricks. They can be semi-domesticated

The mongoose emits a high-pitched noise, commonly known as giggling, when it mates. Giggling is also heard during courtship.

Well .. Maybe ?

Sh1t, I'm starting to wonder if I also have some Mongoose DNA ...
Semi domesticated. That's me .

Kernow

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
You don't need to break the bead- just unscrew the valve cap and if there is no sealant spraying you then poke something down the valve to see if there is sealant ( works like a dip stick ) .
Clearly some sealant in there there is a tiny mist when I let air out . How much I don’t know , but I’ll be fitting some ratbite inserts when they arrive so I can check for sure then

w2ge

Dec 1, 2020
Voorhees, NJ
My trek Powerfly 4 came with almost ZERO paperwork. Just a trek book on electric bikes, that applied to every bike they have, and you had to figure out which set of instructions applied to your bike (Purion controller, etc) ... nothing model specific. Was pretty surprised and let down at the lack of any materials.

Kernow

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
My trek Powerfly 4 came with almost ZERO paperwork. Just a trek book on electric bikes, that applied to every bike they have, and you had to figure out which set of instructions applied to your bike (Purion controller, etc) ... nothing model specific. Was pretty surprised and let down at the lack of any materials.
Seems to me an omission by bosch rather than trek . Iam loving the bike and the motor however Iam not like a teenager with tech stuff , Iam sure Iam missing a whole lot of what the bosch system can do . I can’t pair with my phone iether Must be me being stupid maybe .
I struggled a bit with the shimano e8000 app as well so it’s probably just me

olde-mtber

Nov 1, 2019
New Zealand
When I bought my Trek Trek powerfly fs5 last year I got two books one a generalization of looking after your bike (bicycle owners manual) it also includes a much more comprehensive CD inside the back cover. If the CD is not there then visit trekbikes.com/welcome.
I also got a manual for the Bosch electrics and that appears to be reasonably comprehensive. 16102230265263737937680158788092.jpg

Kernow

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
That Rail 9 looks great. You did well to find one, as I called about a dozen shops, and none had stock!
I was really lucky . Called my nearest dealer and they had a cancelled order just arrived right size exact model I wanted , nothing else available until June they also had a size small I think

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles