Amazed

jonnie brads

Jan 29, 2019
Wakefield
Well I rode for the first time on the jam2 yesterday and what a blast I usually ride on a Sunday and midweek (in the summer) a canyon strive 160mm/160mm 9.0 full carbon so this jam2 is a different beast all together,
I did 29 and a bit miles only using eco where I felt fit but I'd say 60% in off where the motor wasnt needed and trail on hard climbs just for FUN and to help push a less fit rider to the top of a couple of long hard hills. To my sheer amazement it depleted 1 bar of battery that's all, after hearing some negativity around the bike I was worried I had cocked up buying one but honestly I love it. I'll post my strava so you can see the ride we took I was the only one on an e bike. So far I'm v happy with my choice.

jonnie brads

Jan 29, 2019
Wakefield
Strava

Screenshot_20190217-165444_Strava.jpg

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
Well I rode for the first time on the jam2 yesterday and what a blast I usually ride on a Sunday and midweek (in the summer) a canyon strive 160mm/160mm 9.0 full carbon so this jam2 is a different beast all together,
I did 29 and a bit miles only using eco where I felt fit but I'd say 60% in off where the motor wasnt needed and trail on hard climbs just for FUN and to help push a less fit rider to the top of a couple of long hard hills. To my sheer amazement it depleted 1 bar of battery that's all, after hearing some negativity around the bike I was worried I had cocked up buying one but honestly I love it. I'll post my strava so you can see the ride we took I was the only one on an e bike. So far I'm v happy with my choice.

So I think you are saying that you got 29 miles from one bar, that equates to 140+ miles from one full charge. Wow! phone the Guinness Book of Records.

Oh, and can I buy your battery off you?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Thats good going, but if you rode 60% in off then effectively you did 12 miles or so under battery power mostly in Eco? Which is about what you would expect. Good example of what you can get out of the battery by only using the battery when necessary

Last edited:

jonnie brads

Jan 29, 2019
Wakefield
So I think you are saying that you got 29 miles from one bar, that equates to 140+ miles from one full charge. Wow! phone the Guinness Book of Records.

Oh, and can I buy your battery off you?

Read r120 reply I think he may of understood the post better. Cheers r120 yes I was shocked I thaught I would burn through the battery even using it as minimal as possible after some of the posts I read on here. ?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Battery use is so subjective and dependent on bike set up, rider, and terrain that's it really is almost impossible to get any sort of comparison.

I set my fastest time yesterday up one of the hardest uphills round here (Juniper trail on Box Hill) and did it in Eco, I have never even attempted it before in anything other that Trail. I simply forgot to change modes when I started the climb which is about 6 minutes long.

However this didn't really have an effect on battery usage, as it was so muddy on a lot of the trials that the effort needed to get though all the crud was also draining the battery much more than in dry conditions.

Last edited:

ricardowight

Dec 28, 2018
Isle of Wight UK
That's an impressive distance.

I've now done close to 700 miles on my Jam2.
Not on one charge I must say!

I seem to average around 26 miles with approx 2000ft of climbing on a charge, depending on conditions, and so long as I spin in the 80rpm cadence range.
If it's warmer and firmer on the trail I'd get more.
That's mostly in Eco, and I'm more than happy with that because the Jam2 is such a blast to ride and I'm now having the most fun 2- 2.5 hour rides I've had in 30 years on an MTB.

I've come to conclude though that the best way to conserve battery and increase range is to have the bike turned off and/or pointing downhill.........
That's infinity range!

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
Went on a 50k (35mile). Sportif pretty flat but lots of mud and giant potholes similar to rockgardens ....bridal paths , by -ways and some road ,,,,,arrived at the finish on last dregs of the red having been in eco or trail all the way..although I did not use it ,was pleased I had the back up available .
This is what I expected from the Jam2.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles