AllMtn 6&7 - Warning - Check your rear triangle bearing locations for cracked paint!

Jan 21, 2021
Surrey
Evening all,

Next issue on these bikes! - If you're on the Haibike UK owners group on facebook then you will already be aware of this.

Check all your linkage bearing areas for cracked paint approx 3-4 mm's around the outside of the bearings (2 by the rear wheel axle and the 2 just behind/below the saddle- inner side) - This could be a sign of the start of major failure. A few owners have noticed this over the weekend but the number is slowly rising with the more people that check them. The linkages came apart altogether for one owner - looked like the housing/shim bonding gave up. Haibike do not have replacements available anytime soon and he had to have the bike refunded.

I've have not experienced this issue myself (Yet- had plenty of others since owning) so don't have my own pictures to upload - Just getting the link started as a resource!

Jan 21, 2021
Surrey
Evening all,

Next issue on these bikes! - If you're on the Haibike UK owners group on facebook then you will already be aware of this.

Check all your linkage bearing areas for cracked paint approx 3-4 mm's around the outside of the bearings (2 by the rear wheel axle and the 2 just behind/below the saddle- inner side) - This could be a sign of the start of major failure. A few owners have noticed this over the weekend but the number is slowly rising with the more people that check them. The linkages came apart altogether for one owner - looked like the housing/shim bonding gave up. Haibike do not have replacements available anytime soon and he had to have the bike refunded.

I've have not experienced this issue myself (Yet- had plenty of others since owning) so don't have my own pictures to upload - Just getting the link started as a resource!

FB_IMG_1616965323917.jpg

FB_IMG_1616965342971.jpg

FB_IMG_1616955980487.jpg

FB_IMG_1616956039504.jpg

FB_IMG_1616956053941.jpg

FB_IMG_1616956078802.jpg

Jan 21, 2021
Surrey
Evening all,

Another one reported for the blue allmtn7.

FB_IMG_1617000010117.jpg

FB_IMG_1616999658643.jpg

Johnny

Jan 20, 2019
Wheels05
Well after reading this thread and the FB page I checked mine, looks like it’s just starting to fail. 260 miles of riding :oops:
A4BDAEDF-378D-4EF1-BA4A-2BD67CADE4E5.png
893F5C03-0427-4899-85A8-CD3FDE711030.jpeg

Jan 21, 2021
Surrey
Well after reading this thread and the FB page I checked mine, looks like it’s just starting to fail. 260 miles of riding :oops:
View attachment 57160 View attachment 57161
Shit...definitely let your lbs know fella. It might just be a bit of flex and not get any worse but its def. worth mentioning it. As I say only 1 rider that I know off has had a major failure on this so that could be down to circumstance. Keep riding but check it after each ride for the time being bud.

Johnny

Jan 20, 2019
Wheels05
Shit...definitely let your lbs know fella. It might just be a bit of flex and not get any worse but its def. worth mentioning it. As I say only 1 rider that I know off has had a major failure on this so that could be down to circumstance. Keep riding but check it after each ride for the time being bud.
I'm not too bothered as it's under guarantee and if the paint is cracking then something is flexing that shouldn't be. It'll be interesting to see what Haibike's response (ha!) will be.

Jan 21, 2021
Surrey
Here's Raleigh/Haibikes response that a number of owners received yesterday. Lame, but to be expected. I'm concerned about the number of returns they'll have from this, and whether they even have the means to resolve it - huge stock shortages of these bikes for this year as it is. Another major fail reported in the last few days, but resolved with a rear triangle from another bike at the lbs.

20210402_144254.jpg

TPEHAK

Nov 23, 2020
USA Seattle WA
It looks like they used inserts without proper features to be locked properly inside the carbon fiber laminate, maybe they used just smooth bushings.

Jan 21, 2021
Surrey
I had a nice positive call with a member of staff from the Haibike/Raleigh team this morning. They confirmed the rear frame linkage is covered under the 5 year warranty (There has been some confusion over that).

As I mentioned at the start of this thread I've not experienced the issue but wanted to create a thread for it so didn't push on that topic as they have already communicated guidance on what owners should be doing.

My current bearing warranty issues will now be dealt with by an alternative Haibike bike shop, which is a huge relief. If I'm honest, they are the main cause of my stress since owning the bike as they have provided an awful support experience from the start. My previous chainsuck issue was resolved by Raleigh, I was refunded for the parts and tools and I was also given compensation - I couldn't ask for more tbh.

Shockabilly

Oct 6, 2020
Orbiting
I had a nice positive call with a member of staff from the Haibike/Raleigh team this morning. They confirmed the rear frame linkage is covered under the 5 year warranty (There has been some confusion over that).

As I mentioned at the start of this thread I've not experienced the issue but wanted to create a thread for it so didn't push on that topic as they have already communicated guidance on what owners should be doing.

My current bearing warranty issues will now be dealt with by an alternative Haibike bike shop, which is a huge relief. If I'm honest, they are the main cause of my stress since owning the bike as they have provided an awful support experience from the start. My previous chainsuck issue was resolved by Raleigh, I was refunded for the parts and tools and I was also given compensation - I couldn't ask for more tbh.
Thanks on ALL our behalf's!

Steve b

Apr 11, 2021
Peak District
Had my Haibike All Mtn 7 since late November, over 1000 miles ridden in the Peaks. Few problems, chain stay bearing on the drive side came completely apart on a rocky descent. Fixed it with zip ties and have been able to carry on riding while waiting for Haibike service to set a repair date. Now have Error code 64, seems to be a failure of the torque sensor. No power half way through a ride. Bike unusable. Front chain ring also worn out despite changing chain at 700 miles. Not impressed.

Jan 21, 2021
Surrey
Had my Haibike All Mtn 7 since late November, over 1000 miles ridden in the Peaks. Few problems, chain stay bearing on the drive side came completely apart on a rocky descent. Fixed it with zip ties and have been able to carry on riding while waiting for Haibike service to set a repair date. Now have Error code 64, seems to be a failure of the torque sensor. No power half way through a ride. Bike unusable. Front chain ring also worn out despite changing chain at 700 miles. Not impressed.
Have you had any of the frame issues mentioned on this thread mate?. Share some pics if you have please fella?

BOTG

Oct 28, 2020
Edo
I was told to make sure all bolts around triangle are torqued up otherwise problems occur, buying a torque wrench today.

Steve b

Apr 11, 2021
Peak District
Have you had any of the frame issues mentioned on this thread mate?. Share some pics if you have please fella?
No not really, just typical rock strike damage. No frame damage around where bearing failed, I do clean and check my bike well after every ride, no warning, chain stay just came apart unexpectedly. Zip ties work surprisingly well

Steve b

Apr 11, 2021
Peak District
I was told to make sure all bolts around triangle are torqued up otherwise problems occur, buying a torque wrench today.
My rear triangle failure was not the bolts, they were still in place. Always have a couple of zip ties in your ride tool kit. I just put one through the hole, pulled it tight and carried on riding. Worked fine even on rough descents.

Jan 21, 2021
Surrey
Yeah every tool box needs one, along with a pic of KB and a good looking sheep ;-). I check everything at least once a month on all my bikes. I'm not confident this resolves this particular issue, but its good practice anyways. Planet x do a good deal on a torgue wrench bud

Jan 21, 2021
Surrey
WWi
Nope, this is not the problem. I check my bike every time before I ride with a torque key. I have 260km on the bike and every bearing on the triangle cracked, one will fail soon.
Well that just fills me with confidence - Im looking at mine now trying to figure out how to check / remove and retighten etc. And pics buddy. And whats happening with the bike?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles