Not open for further replies.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Here it is.

More details, videos and live stuff to come.

95219-32_LEVO-FSR-MEN-EXPERT-CARBON-29-NB-CARB-MONGRN_HERO.jpeg

Last edited:

Will Ridealpine

Sep 18, 2018
Idaho
I was planning on getting this new revised Levo this week and making the Pike into a 160mm also, glad you chimmed in on that. Any negatives on changing it to the 160mm? Or should I just sell the new Pike and get a Lyrik? Most importantly: I am 6’2 with a 33” inseam. Would you get a Large or Xl and why? I’ve rode a stumpjumper fsr 29 for years in a Large with farily short stem. Short stem is always good and maybe the XL has better higher front end? Wheelbase wider better in E bikes? With the adjustable command seats though, maybe the Large is better? Looks like the new Levo has long top tube but what size to get? By the time the bike arrives in the shops, I might grow another inch, heres why:
Was told by a dealer today (just like last year this time): “The new bikes will not be available till Feburary”. Seems like the norm here in the USA, show them the new bike now, wet their appetites, but make em wait and let them go snow skiing, then they can get this in the Spring. Why? Maybe Specialized likes Europe more and supplies arrive fast? By Febuary might as well wait for the 2020, and keep repeating the process. Who wants to wait till Febuary to get this old tech?

Last edited:

HeatproofGenie

Jul 23, 2018
CO, USA
Awesome launch video! Loved it.

I am very interested for two big reasons.
-700kw vs. competitions 500. 40% more capacity cannot be ignored.
-Brose motor is near silent. It's just nice to be stealthy and although the Shimano whir is fun it is not incognito.

Halcon

Apr 27, 2018
Texas
Battery not removable?
Both new batteries are removable
  • This Turbo’s new Specialized M2-series battery features a 500Wh capacity. And, of course, still seamlessly integrated inside the frame and is easily removable, too.
  • This Turbo’s new Specialized M2-series battery features a 700Wh capacity, providing you with 40% more capacity and range, and even more power to ride more trails. It, of course, still seamlessly integrated inside the frame and is easily removable, too.

rmh1009

Aug 17, 2018
West Wales

-Brose motor is near silent. It's just nice to be stealthy and although the Shimano whir is fun it is not incognito.

Serious bucks to get that extra capacity.

Bike looks great. Better than expected after the last few days of negativity. Colours definitely better than expected. No doubt will be a fantastic bike to ride. A lot of happy people on this forum today I imagine. ?. Better than the average Tuesday eh.

Halcon

Apr 27, 2018
Texas
The new Expert is so much more expensive BUT comes with alloy wheels and lower components vs the 2018 Expert. Roval Traverse 29, hookless alloy, 29mm inner width, tubeless ready, 28h.
Specialized is so greedy now.

Last edited:

jwrx

Jul 22, 2018
Malaysia
The new Expert is so much more expensive BUT comes with alloy wheels and lower components vs the 2018 Expert. Roval Traverse 29, hookless alloy, 29mm inner width, tubeless ready, 28h.

Funny thing is the 2018 Expert isnt even launched in my country yet...1st shipment supposed to arrive next month. We have had the Sworks and comp since jul

Cho Cyril

Sep 12, 2018
Chamonix

This new alloy rims (hub complety re-design) is (in my opinion) better than the previous carbon 6fattie wheels.
The 6fattie carbon wheels was too much stiff for 95% of people who rode it.
So better control/confort/grip with easier wheels (alloy).

The fact is the Expert 2019 is the first model which come with the 700w, and a lot of people will take this one for the interesting range. But to ride on big fire road (cos the all mountain/enduro/downhill riders are not representative about the ebike community today) , the bike need to be comfy and that’s the case with this wheels if you chill, BUT they are still stiff and strong if you want to ride it gnarly.
Trust me, way better than a lot of carbon wheels !

Dusty

Jul 14, 2018
Liverpool

Alot of the brose motor powered competition already used the larger battery 630w I think
Bulls..Hercules...fantic and also I think nox.
Rocky mountain of course have there own starting from 500 but you pay a premium for the higher battery range .

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
Well i think i have changed my mind, i want one. Am i going to get one, probably not.
Anybody know what the two new modes do?

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
The expert is only $400 more than last year. They just made the biggest investment in a new platform in the company’s history, which came a year after previously developing a carbon Levo that only saw one model year.
The new motor is more expensive and so is the battery. The new software is unique and exclusive to Specialized. They didn’t just buy a standard Brose Mag S system.
The costs of manufacturing are up, the cost of shipping is up. The cost of materials is up.
The fact that my new Expert is only $700 more than an aluminum version I bought in 2017 and $400 more than a 2018 Carbon Expert and now I get a 700wh battery is a miracle. They are not greedy, just a company that knows what it needs to be sustainable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles