All Mtn 7 Dropper post not rising back up.

BOTG

Oct 28, 2020
Edo
Could it be a cable issue? I am told the actual pressure valve inside is not serviceable and once it goes its new dropper post time.
Anyobody elses dropper sticking, all seals have been cleaned. Seat was also dropping under body weight pressure so I adjusted the barrel screw which fixed it but now seat does not raise all the way (hand pulled up)

BOTG
See my latest videos here
BootsontheGroundUK

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Likely a cable issue, but also could be seatpost too tightly clamped, or loss of air pressure in the seat post itself.

What is the dropper post and does it have a valve (usually under the clamp on the head) to adjust the air presssure.

BOTG

Oct 28, 2020
Edo
Likely a cable issue, but also could be seatpost too tightly clamped, or loss of air pressure in the seat post itself.

What is the dropper post and does it have a valve (usually under the clamp on the head) to adjust the air presssure.
Not sure on make it cam with the bike. Lbs said the canister is not servicable, they changed the cable but I now have to press like 3 inches on lever feels very unnatural where as before I would press a cm or do.

It also rises very slow now.

TR5_20

Nov 22, 2020
Scotland
Not sure on make it cam with the bike. Lbs said the canister is not servicable, they changed the cable but I now have to press like 3 inches on lever feels very unnatural where as before I would press a cm or do.

It also rises very slow now.
Agree with R120 regarding pressure.

Had a similar problem with a dropper, tried stripping and cleaning the moving parts (which was beneficial and was fairly easy to do) but the problem was solved by checking and adjusting the air pressure using my shock pump.

Online ‘advice’ had said there was no valve on that particular model, but there it was, under the clamp as R120 says.

Good luck.

BOTG

Oct 28, 2020
Edo
So there is a n air valve I can alter and add pressure?

TR5_20

Nov 22, 2020
Scotland
So there is a n air valve I can alter and add pressure?
You'll have to look under the seat clamp to check if yours definitely has one.
See pic as example.

Air Valve.jpeg

Muttley

Sep 4, 2020
Sussex
I have AllMTN7 and my dropper post goes up + down OK but when up it will drop about an inch. Seems the cable isn't being returned propperly so I replaced cable but noticed where the cable sits the lever wasn't sprung loaded, should it be? Images show it in up and down position, there's a bit of rust inside but I assume it should be sprung, is this part available or do you need complete dropper post?

dropper1.jpg

dropper2.jpg

lightning

Apr 5, 2021
UK
l had exactly the same issue with the KS dropper post on my Kona.

l took off the saddle and found the air valve, the pressure was at 100psi, it's supposed to be 250-300psi which my shock pump only just managed to achieve.

After some, erm, stiff pumping the dropper now returns fine on the lever.

What it doesn't now do, is drop when you press the lever. lt does if you move right to the nose of the saddle and sit there, after that it works OK until you've not used it for a few miles.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles