Alexrims EX30

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
I have Alexrims EX30 on my Cube.

The bike came with 29 x 2.6 tyres so what other width tyres would fit on these rims?
What would be lowest and highest width tyres I could use?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
assuming the 30 stands for 30mm internal rim width you could run anything from a 2.3 to a 3.0 tyre.(in actual fact a 2.0 would work just fine too). The only thing to take into account is a narrower tyre will have a shallower flatter tread profile while a fatter tyre will end up more rounded. being a more rounded profile it'll need slightly higher pressure to maintain sidewall stiffness/support.
There's far too much hype over rim widths and tyre volumes.
it's not long ago 21mm rims and 2.3-2.5 tyres were what almost every WC DH rider ran but now all of a sudden folk are worrying about what rim width and tyre volume they need to ride local XC or trail centres.
Marketing clearly works though ;)

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Keep in mind this is information from a man who's been riding so long that bikes had square wheels when he started out .. and rim width was a way of measuring the physical discomfort you went through from sitting on a sharp log ...

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Keep in mind this is information from a man who's been riding so long that bikes had square wheels when he started out
My mtb riding actually pre-dates the "huck to flat" years bro ;) A time when shit 3.0 Gazzalodi tyres on square wheels became a fairly common sight among the raddest mtb circles. :sneaky:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles