Alexandra New Zealand

Farmernz

Jun 18, 2019
Alexandra
Hi, new to mountain biking and bought a giant trance. I really like it so far and so does my wife, a 2nd one is probably also coming soon!. I ride motorbikes everyday for work on a farm and never thought I’d enjoy an e bike, but after one ride on a demo bike - I couldn’t wait to get one.
1F8B8C95-5B14-45AF-A26E-7E099CD48C39.jpeg
1F8B8C95-5B14-45AF-A26E-7E099CD48C39.jpeg

ChrisB NZ

Aug 21, 2018
Auckland, New Zealand
Hi. Welcome to the forum. Nice bike! I’ve got a non-motorised Giant Trance (which I don’t use much anymore LOL). You’re in a fantastic part of the country for an EMTB!

You’re going to love it - and I’m picking you’ll have another one before too long. I bought a Merida Eone Sixty and my wife, who’s no mountain biker, liked it so much she got an identical one. We’ve had a lot of great times together riding various trails. The great thing is you can use them for pretty much anything - from riding on roads, rail trails through to advanced MTB trails. We did the West Coast Wilderness trails and some of the Old Ghost Road late last year. Really good.

Have fun!

Last edited:

Bonz

Jul 2, 2018
New Zealand
Hi, new to mountain biking and bought a giant trance. I really like it so far and so does my wife, a 2nd one is probably also coming soon!. I ride motorbikes everyday for work on a farm and never thought I’d enjoy an e bike, but after one ride on a demo bike - I couldn’t wait to get one.
View attachment 15105 View attachment 15105
Hi, nice bike you have there. I’m sure you will enjoy yourselves when you have one bike each.
My wife and I both have Merida’s.
Great part of the world down there, heaps of exploring to do.I went down to do the Bannockburn Classic several times when I lived in Geraldine.
Up in Motueka now so it’s a bit too far to travel. Not sure if they allow Ebikes in those events.
Enjoy.

Farmernz

Jun 18, 2019
Alexandra
Hey thanks guys, sounds like your all enjoying your ebikes too. My wife had a normal trance for 3+ years and wanted me to join her so hence the ebike and I am enjoying it. Luckily there plenty of places to ride here. She traded her trance in today and rode a new e trance home. So looking forward to getting out together now.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles