Advice from Cube owners

D_Ch

Aug 22, 2021
Malaga
Hi,
as it's happening to most, my order for an ebike is getting delayed more and more.
Originally i ordered a Scott Strike 930, bosch motor 625 battery with a Kiox; while waitingfor it i got a couple more options that seem more interesting, but being quite ignorant on the topic some advice from people who know better would be highly appreciated.
The other two optios are (expected by end of year / january, but who knows...):
- Giant Trance E+ 2, new model (not yet introduced) 630 battery
- Cube Stereo Hybrid 140 SL, 750 battery with Kiox 300
Of all the above, the Cube is the one i'd lean to (hence the topic in this group); bigger battery, not much heavier, good specs for the money (it would be in between the other two for price) and to me it looks quite cool too.
What are your thoughts? Any suggestion or comment very welcome!
Thanks,
D.

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
A good option for sure. I´m happy with my 140SL 2020 model . I´m going for possible upgrading for the new model next year.

GMLS

Jun 22, 2020
Surrey
I've been very happy with my 140TM and you can't knock the value for money but above all its available.There is plenty of supply chain challenges ahead yet

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
I have 2 Cubes and my wife has one also. Very happy with all of them. I agree. great value for money.
I was reading about the new cube this morning. Looks like a great bike.
One thing to think of with the 750 battery is that you will not buy 2 and carry one around in your backpack. So, if you are intending to do some really long rides, then it is almost better to get a bike with a 500wH battery and buy a second battery.

I have a 625 battery in my 160 TN. On the really long rides I take a Fast charger with me and organize a loading lunch break. Or I can take my wifes second 625 battery. Though it is pretty heavy and long in the backpack.

D_Ch

Aug 22, 2021
Malaga
One thing to think of with the 750 battery is that you will not buy 2 and carry one around in your backpack. So, if you are intending to do some really long rides, then it is almost better to get a bike with a 500wH battery and buy a second battery.
Fair point, but i was not considering adding a second one to the 625, so the 750 is simply more range in my scenario and one of the plus of the Cube compared to the other two options.

D_Ch

Aug 22, 2021
Malaga
One thing i'm wondering: what's NOT to like on these bikes? For the price they seem very well equipped and offer a lot; but what are the downsides when considering against others?

Funkeydunk

Subscriber
May 28, 2019
Uk
You won’t be disappointed with the cube, you get good spec for the money, the new battery and eco system are impressive. What’s not to love. Question, where are you getting it from?

D_Ch

Aug 22, 2021
Malaga
You won’t be disappointed with the cube, you get good spec for the money, the new battery and eco system are impressive. What’s not to love. Question, where are you getting it from?
Indeed they seem very well specced for the money, and both the bigger battery and the new smart system look good too, especially being able to ride without the kiox.
Unfortunately i got it from a different shop than my usual, so not being a customer plus the current situation, basically got it at MSRP :(
But it's still a good price for what it is; got it from Pedalmoto in Granada Spain, next province to where i live. Delivery by january on Cube order's page; my province's distributor had the first with a june delivery date from Cube!
I'm not too worried if it gets delayed a couple of months; untile march / april weather it not that great usually.

D_Ch

Aug 22, 2021
Malaga
Downside is crap motor mounts on the 2020 frame which start to develop creaking.. Is it fixed this year? Who knows..
It seems like several brands can have this problem; i hope they solved it and not to have to go to service for it.

D_Ch

Aug 22, 2021
Malaga
I've finally ordered the second 140 SL the shop had bought in green; this model and color (the one i actually wanted) was the first scheduled by end of year (next SL in other colors, TM and Actionteam). But they also told me that the 750Wh batteries will be produced by year's end, so it will most probably slip to january (I hope not too much later but we'll see).
Can't find any review, so it seems plausible the batteries and maybe the smart system are not around yet. I'm actually a bit curious about the latter and the new app for it.

Chris ledger

Aug 17, 2021
Rotherham
I hope it is this year but again not getting excited. Not seen any review of any bosch bike with a 750w battery yet so it seems nothing has been released. Just frustrating you can see a bike all over the cube site and bike shops and happy to take z deposit but no delivery dates🤬🤬

D_Ch

Aug 22, 2021
Malaga
happy to take z deposit but no delivery dates🤬🤬

At least in my case i did get a delivery date (and deposit was just 200 btw), albeit given the current situation it would quite naive to expect the bike by then (week 50 2021). And to the shop's credit, they even suggested it won't probably arrive by then since the 750Wh batteries will start to be mass produced by the end of the year.
By the way, they were delivering a brand new 140 Pro 650Wh while i was waiting and had a couple more on the floor TBD; plus several Giant including 2022 reign. So on one hand the battery bottleneck for the 750Wh models seems plausible (it's the smart system too) and on the other the shop itself is quite big and moves lots of ebikes, so i might actually get it before spring with some luck.

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
Wife and I both have cubes. Have spare 500wh batteries in EVOC back packs for longer rides. Bikes are 2019 models with the older Gen 2 motors and they have never let us down.

Longfellow78

Jan 4, 2022
Hampshire
One thing i'm wondering: what's NOT to like on these bikes? For the price they seem very well equipped and offer a lot; but what are the downsides when considering against others?
The main downside is they tend to weigh a couple of kilos more, which doesn't matter really on an ebike. That's about it. Cube also have a reputation for horrendous customer service and wriggling out of warranty claims.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles