Admission.....

MitchF

E*POWAH Elite
Jun 1, 2019
Mirokumk38
I’m more than happy with my GIANT, it’s doing everything I need it do.
Since I joined this group and started reading up on E-Bikes I haven’t really got the apparent “Specialized” obsession.

Today I visited a dealer whilst on holiday , I saw the range of Specialized e-mtb, oh no ??

Last edited:

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Me too. after riding half a dozen or so different ebikes I went to a demo day and rode a Giant, Focus and a Speccy (Levo). The Focus floated my boat ad I was hoping the Speccy would be even better. But I could not settle on it. I won't go into detail as I suspect that I'd get flamed. But the Focus was the first emtb I had ridden that was just "fun" without me having to think about anything else.

highpeakrider

E*POWAH Master
Aug 10, 2018
Peak District
Me too. after riding half a dozen or so different ebikes I went to a demo day and rode a Giant, Focus and a Speccy (Levo). The Focus floated my boat ad I was hoping the Speccy would be even better. But I could not settle on it. I won't go into detail as I suspect that I'd get flamed. But the Focus was the first emtb I had ridden that was just "fun" without me having to think about anything else.

I’ve been looking at others but the Focus just fits me so well, great on technical climbs, good enough on the decents I do and feels rock solid, fancy a look at the new Whyte when it’s in the shop but it will have to be outstanding for me the trade the Focus.

Andy A

Patreon
Jan 13, 2019
North Yorkshire
I had a Focus for my first ebike and I really loved it but I always really wanted a Levo and even though the Focus was great fun I bought a Levo as that is even more fun and to me the Brose motor is far superior to the Shimano on the Focus, but they are both great bikes but my Levo is a class act I love it :)

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
Local Focus shop doesn't allow trail tests.

Local Spesh shop took trouble to get me a demo from a friend. So I bought a Levo from them. Better fitting bike (despite longer reach) than my Evil Following.

But that was Focus' sale to lose really.

MitchF

E*POWAH Elite
Jun 1, 2019
Mirokumk38
I was just admitting my guilty attraction for the Specials .
Sticking with my GIANT, if my fitness and skills ever out perform it, I’ll consider a change.
The frames on Special’s are a work of art, IMO ?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I won't go into detail as I suspect that I'd get flamed.
simpsons-mob.jpg

Go on Steve, spill.

I haven't had a decent ride on a 2019/20 Levo, but I have spent a day on a 2017, riding trails I know well and it was fine. Not outstanding, but fine. The motor was the best thing about it, although it did take some getting used to after the Bosch. It's the VFM that ruins it for me.

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
I was just admitting my guilty attraction for the Specials .
Sticking with my GIANT, if my fitness and skills ever out perform it, I’ll consider a change.
The frames on Special’s are a work of art, IMO ?

they are, looks are valid part of how something is.

I was very taken with the blue Levo Carbon Comp. Had it been only available in red I wouldn't have bought it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles