5E3E1B17-0A6C-4977-92FF-522ED4AC869B.jpeg

3A43BAD2-CF6E-4569-9B04-B5C8AA6A2203.jpeg

5EAF6BDF-DE0D-49E8-AA94-E5F68C25238E.jpeg

C8DC367F-622C-4FEE-B3C0-EE91FF809D3C.jpeg

40A6ABB1-4623-41E0-A124-BF07AFFACA4E.jpeg

Product name: Adidas Terrell Trailcross old v new
Price paid: £79.95
Score (out of 10): 8

Review: I have always been an avid five ten fan, but with Adidas aquiring them in 2011 and incorporating their stealth sole tech in the terrex trailcross range I gave them a go.
I must admit they are the most comfortable bike shoes I’ve ever worn. Not as stiff however as my five tens.
They have a water resistant upper and the famous stealth sole which has been hardened slightly as the trail cross are a biking/hiking shoe, this gives more grip and durability off the bike. Pedal grip is also as good as my five tens, they also have a lace bungee for tucking the laces out of the way.
In fact the shoes have become my Daily go to shoe.
They have now been through 3 British winters and although begining to show signs of wear are still as comfortable as they ever were.
The soles are beginning to wear but hey, they have really been worn on and off the bike.
My five tens have suffered far worse despite them being over a year younger!
Hence when the need came to purchase a new set of shoes, instead of my norm goto five ten brand, I’ve bought another pair of trailcross.
Now for the worry, I’ve not worn the new pair yet, but they have gone over to a more “plasticky look”, the tongue is thinner and not as padded, although the general fit feels good, so in summary at the moment, the jury is out! Stay tuned.

Last edited:

Theolegit

Patreon
Founding Member
Mar 27, 2018
Halstead
Isn't the instep and sole of the running shoe designed to be flexible and aid roll at the ball of the foot as you run and the heel designed to absorb running motion?
Not sure why you'd compromise unless you actually run and bike in the same activity. (maybe you do?) and mtb specific 5:10s are a similar price
I’ve had 3 pairs of 5:10s that don’t last as long as the trail cross have, granted they are a great shoe but for overall wear the trail cross got my vote, an believe me I’m a big 5:10 fan

eFat

Founding Member
Feb 4, 2018
Switzerland
I'm just confused as to why you'd choose a running shoe
It's not because it's written adidas on it that it's a running shoe.
Capture d’écran 2018-04-27 à 20.58.02.png

I was going to post a review too. It's definitely a better shoe that the 5:10 Freerider it replaced for me. Nicer construction, better insole, more confortable, and much better resistance to water (and it didn't take a week to dry).

p-f.ch_180406_1728_08955_RX1.jpg

Theolegit

Patreon
Founding Member
Mar 27, 2018
Halstead
I don't even like 5:10s. I'm just confused as to why you'd choose a running shoe for pedals.
Having said that. I prefer to use skate shoes with much less grippy soles. But at least they're designed to be used on a flat thing with wheels. :D
They are not a running shoe that’s why they have stealth rubber soles to stick to the peddles, they are designed as bike shoes but a bit more hardier then the softer 5:10 sole plus a little more grip for walking ie if you ever had to hike a bike.

Slowroller

Founding Member
Jan 15, 2018
Wyoming
Thanks for the reviews, I've had these on my radar for a while. I love five ten soles, but the shoes themselves were generally garbage in the past, granted they have been getting better lately. Plus the whole they turn into sponges thing.... and hot.

Theolegit

Patreon
Founding Member
Mar 27, 2018
Halstead
Thanks for the reviews, I've had these on my radar for a while. I love five ten soles, but the shoes themselves were generally garbage in the past, granted they have been getting better lately. Plus the whole they turn into sponges thing.... and hot.
I don’t think the latest version are as good as the older ones - which in places you can still get. The new ones are lighter but not certain on robustness, time will tell.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles