Norange

Jul 29, 2018
Wiltshire
Product Image:
adidas-Solar-RedBlackWhite-Terrex-Hydro-Pro-Ba9184-S-Bootsoutdoor.jpeg

Product name: Adidas Terrex Hydro Pro stealth soled boots
Price paid: £75
Score (out of 10): 9

Review: Continuing the search for decent flat winter boots, found these on the bay for £75, they're designed for canyoning but looked good. Only in an 11.5 but I'm normally a 9 and strapping into these it's still a good fit whilst allowing toe wriggle room.

Basically it's a full neoprene cuff which velcro's together to get a good fit on the ankle. The laces aren't necessary so I'm cutting them out. With GT85 the zips seem fine and the ankle strap velcro's to the side and then stretches to hook onto the back. So basically they're a good, tuneable fit for me despite the size. MUCH easier to get into and out of than your average boot when it's covered with an inch of mud.

Soles are stealth rubber so definitely grippier and with a bit more feel than my GTX boots, soles a bit stiffer than 5 10's. From memory there is some toe box protection, they certainly feel like you could hoof a few rocks.

Due to the neoprene, they don't hold water like my boots did, so they dry out much faster and when they got wet inside (due to water in the top) they keep warm. Teamed with some cuff gaiters I reckon you could guarantee dry feet.

In summary, a big step up from the Asics GTX boots I used last winter. Easier fit, warmer, drier and grippier. And well worth a look at half price if you'll fit the 11.5 or 12.5 they have. Reckon those sizes would cover an 8.5 to 10.5 due to the flexibility in fitting, maybe more if you're OK with less toe room.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles