Actual Assist speed

Couchy

Nov 15, 2018
Nottingham
I've got 2 bikes both with the same Bosch CX performance system. Using GPS the older original one assists upto 15.5mph, the newer one seems to stop at 13mph. The speedo on the bike is saying 15mph but the GPS isn't. I can't change wheel size on the new one as it's a purion system and I can only assume that is a little out and a trip to the dealer is needed to give me back my missing mph's ? :)

Couchy

Nov 15, 2018
Nottingham
I'll answer this myself :)

So my older bike has the intuvia controls where you can adjust the wheel size +/- 5%.The new one has purion where you need a dealer to do it. However chatting to a dealer you can swap the controls between bikes. So with that knowledge I dropped the motor out the old one and unplugged the intuvia controller. The cable was really long so I took the side case off the new one and unplugged the purion controller. I then plugged in the intuvia and turned it on. As the dealer said the mileage etc is in the motor and the unit fired up. Into settings mode on the intuvia and I set the wheel size to the correct amount minus a little bit....With the intuvia unplugged and the purion back in and the cover on I took for a run. Before I had been out and best I could judge assistance stopped at 13.8mph give or take, this time it's now nearly 16mph. Same as my old one and all for a few minutes in the garage. TBH if I can find a second hand intuvia it would be good to keep as a spare for settings as it only takes seconds to swap plugs

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles