A Tale of Two Trails

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
It’s easy to forget how challenging mountain biking can be. I’ve been riding eMTBs for about 3 years and was lucky enough to race in the 80s and 90s, even so it took me a while to find the confidence to attack the black runs. Age has a lot to do with that.
I recently went riding with my son (15) he was on my Mondraker eVantage R. We did a section over Dartmoor which ended in a long thin bridge across a river. It was fairly high, and you couldn’t see what was at the end. I would have stopped and looked just in case it was a big drop. My son just rode off the end without any hesitation, shouting ‘Yolo’. (It turned out to be a 3 ft step). As you get older you know from experience what it feels like to come off and this does affect how you ride.
Considering all this I have been trying to get my wife into ebikes. She never cycled when she was younger so this last year has been her first time on an eMTB. Cautious not to put her off, we have only ridden what would be classed as Green or a...

Continue reading...

SteveVentoux

Patreon
May 13, 2018
Bucks
Thanks DR, certainly a great place to ride from previous visits many years ago, I'd certainly be up for another go later in the year.

After some enforced time off, I am finally back :)

Kangr

Patreon
Sep 14, 2018
Stoke on Trent
Good right up. Coedy is my favourite trail centre. The beast is my trail, it is a mixture of the Dragon’s Back and MBR routes, I must head back there sometime this year. it would also be a great destination for one of the montly rideouts or even a weekend away.

if you want a glimpse of what the mbr trail looks like take a look at this video
pinned tv idiots guide to mbr at coed y brenin

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
Great read, thank you.
How do you carry the extra batteries, do you protect them in any way?

Dawnrazor

Patreon
Jun 11, 2018
Somerset
Thanks Jackware - I carry the battery in my Evoc fr trail e-ride - great rucksack. Rob is releasing a vid covering it shortly.

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
Nice report.
Looking fwd to visit Wales soon as I have a relative living near Cardiff.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles