A piss taker of ebikes now joins the fold

• Thread starter Deleted member 7464
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7464

Hi to all you fellow owners of, as I used to call them, mobo bikes. I have just taken the plunge and got myself a new turbo levo. I have to say that they are alot more fun than I ever imagined and open up a whole new scope of biking. I will srill ride my normal bikes but this is the one I will now take with me when I'm away in my motorhome.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I had two clockwork bikes. One was sold the month before to help pay for the emtb, the other was kept for emergencies, then was sold a month after I got the emtb.
I did ride it once, just to remind myself how light it was, but all I did was to remind myself why I got an emtb in the first place! (dodgy knees). :eek:
No going back now.
The Focus Jam2 is now without its suspension, away for a service, back next week. I'm almost glad its raining all the time.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
@steve_sordy - Will you be back on the shockwiz again after, mate? Or is that 'project' completed..
No, I doubt it. It recommended no changes of any significance.

What the ShockWiz has done is to confirm that I actually know what I'm doing when it comes to setting up suspension. So far anyway; I have never had suspension with high speed rebound or HS compression. I'll learn how to do those when I need to. It recommended that the HSC on the shock be made "less firm". That is not an adjustment that I have so I have asked the suspension service company to do it for me, if they can, during the service.

I did end up with one click more rebound damping on the shock. The effect on the ride was marginal, but I was surprised that it didn't cause any packing down.

I was more surprised that it did not recommend changing the air spring tune on the shock. I may still try that because it is easy and quick to do and I already have the rings for it.

Reactions: 118

Ripping g

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 8, 2019
West yorkshire
Hi to all you fellow owners of, as I used to call them, mobo bikes. I have just taken the plunge and got myself a new turbo levo. I have to say that they are alot more fun than I ever imagined and open up a whole new scope of biking. I will srill ride my normal bikes but this is the one I will now take with me when I'm away in my motorhome.
You wont ride your nomal pal im sure ?

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
Still ride my Whyte 950. Quicker than driving into town for my chiropractor appointments (after a wee crash on my Levo sciatica is a real problem) and Tai chi classes and less chance of getting nicked.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles