700wh battery

jeffintheusa

Dec 12, 2018
MA - North Shore
Placed my order for a Levo Comp Carbon Nov 25 and I asked if it could be upgraded to the 700Wh battery. Specialized said no so my LBS is offering me the battery for cost. If people are interested in the larger capacity battery it's probably worth asking about it at the time of purchase.

kcarbon

Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
australia
Is this 700WH battery only for the new 2019 Levo's or will it fit the 2018 turbo levo that came with 500WH?
1,100 pound would equal double what a new 500WH costs, here in Australia.
on another note but also battery related, I just visited a friend who also has a Levo HT that has the 460WH battery he just showed me the battery is cracked right across at the bottom. but no marks on the stone Gard that covers bottom of battery. he has not ever fallen off and does not do jumps. he took it to show LBS & waiting to hear back from Specilized. has anyone else seen this happen before?

kcarbon

Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
australia
The 2019 batteries will only fit 2019 bikes, they are much longer etc so not the same form factor at all (what a nightmare a couple of years from now when you need a replacement battery).

that's what I thought but, someone posted if you have a problem with 460AH battery they replace with a 700AH? I have two 504WH now was just looking to carry the spare in back pack & discovered, I'll need a much longer back pack than I have now.
also a friend of mine with just the battery that came with the bike ( 460 WH ) it's a 2017 HT he got new & less KM traveled on it than my 2018 Levo FSR. he removed battery to check & charge only a few day's ago & the battery is cracked right across where the rock guard is & rock Gard has partly came away. he has never fallen off the bike & does not do jumps or ride over rocks. it has 29" wheel's, all I can think of is with HT & 29" wheel's must transmit more shock to battery on dirt track's. he took it to LBS they took pictures and sent to Specilized Australia , waiting to hear back bike still less than two years old.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I've just been quoted £1100!! WTF

I just popped into Berkshire Cycles for a mooch as I was in the area. I enquired about the price of a base Clit with the 700Wh battery and he said the same. As I’m not actually buying one I didn’t want to waste too much of his time so didn’t push too hard on the price of it but he did say that most people are buying the 700Wh outright and selling their 500Wh for £5-600. Make of that what you will.

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
I just popped into Berkshire Cycles for a mooch as I was in the area. I enquired about the price of a base Clit...
Sounds like you may have been in the wrong shop - what was his reaction? Do tell...! :ROFLMAO:

Congratulations, you are definitely winner of autocorrect of the week! ;)

Benson

Sep 19, 2018
Hampshire UK
I enquired about the price of a base Clit with the 700Wh battery and he said the same. As I’m not actually buying one I didn’t want to waste too much of his time so didn’t push too hard on the price

Of course, you err ... don’t want to feel like a tw@t ???

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
That’s not a typo, please don’t tell me you’ve never seen it before?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles