55 miles , 4200 ft. Fuel :- 500 watts, two cheese butties and a out of date M&S scone! Will I make it ?

JohnJohn

Aug 31, 2019
uk
Tomorrow - I've just decided to Get the train to Didcot and ride up to the Uffington White Horse and then back towards Lambourn And then on to Goring. I've mapped the route on OS. Mostly bridleways. Looking forward to a well deserved pint in the John Barleycorn pub when I arrive in Goring. I'm going to take my charger just in case. Hopefully a friendly pub along the the way will allow me to use a socket if needed.I'm going to try my best not to need a recharge by pedalling without the motor when possible.
Any Guesses as to how far 80% battery might take me ?
I'm 15 and a half stone .

I'm hoping to do 45 miles on 80%. Leaving 20% for the last leg.

Last edited:

JohnJohn

Aug 31, 2019
uk
Yes ! Maybe a full pot of jam :) . I did 46 miles the other day but it was only about 1600ft climbing. I had 14% left .

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Tomorrow - I've just decided to Get the train to Didcot and ride up to the Uffington White Horse and then back towards Lambourn And then on to Goring. I've mapped the route on OS. Mostly bridleways. Looking forward to a well deserved pint in the John Barleycorn pub when I arrive in Goring. I'm going to take my charger just in case. Hopefully a friendly pub along the the way will allow me to use a socket if needed.I'm going to try my best not to need a recharge by pedalling without the motor when possible.
Any Guesses as to how far 80% battery might take me ?
I'm 15 and a half stone .

I'm hoping to do 45 miles on 80%
I'm about same weight as you and I got 41 mls on eco with 1000mtrs elevation few weeks ago on Levo, think I had 15 percent left so good luck.

JohnJohn

Aug 31, 2019
uk
Well I made it , sort of . Had to change the route half way because of a farmer who'd ploughed a bridleway. Anyway, I still did 50 miles with 3300 ft Climbing. Got to the pub with 3 % battery.
I had a wonderful day and that's what matters ?

Last edited:

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
I'm about same weight as you and I got 41 mls on eco with 1000mtrs elevation few weeks ago on Levo, think I had 15 percent left so good luck.
Well I made it , sort of . Had to change the route half way because off a farmer who'd ploughed a bridleway. Anyway, I still did 50 miles with 3300 ft Climbing. Got to the pub with 3 % battery.
I had a wonderful day and that's what matters ?
You nivver sed how good the buttie and scone was , that was probably an important part of the day

JohnJohn

Aug 31, 2019
uk
Sorry mate I've just re-read my original post and it is mis leading. I started with 100% . I pedalled with out the motor whenever possible. I pushed the bike up at least three steep hills to conserve the battery.
That didn't matter ! The views, the experience, luved it !! Couldn't and wouldn't have done it on a un-powered bike.
Emtb is flippin super ?
Thanks for your interest mate

Last edited:

JohnJohn

Aug 31, 2019
uk
The buttie and scone , plus a bar of chocolate were consumed with great relish whilst viewing the Uffington White Horse. It was gorgeous up there today mate !

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I started with 100% . I peddled with out the motor whenever possible. I pushed the bike up at least three steep hills to conserve the battery.
That didn't matter ! The views, the experience, luved it !! Couldn't and wouldn't have done it on a un-powered bike.
Emtb is flippin super

I'm really really glad you charged it ! Sounded very optimistic !! :) Damned fine effort. As you say, it's worth the odd push and power off to experience a day like that ! It's definately rides like that which make you appreciate whats possible that you'd previously never even consider :) !

Every credit ! But where's the photos !!!!! :) You were too busy eating and dealing with melting chocolate ! :)

JohnJohn

Aug 31, 2019
uk
I'm really really glad you charged it ! Sounded very optimistic !! :) Damned fine effort. As you say, it's worth the odd push and power off to experience a day like that ! It's definately rides like that which make you appreciate whats possible that you'd previously never even consider :) !

Every credit ! But where's the photos !!!!! :) You were too busy eating and dealing with melting chocolate ! :)

JohnJohn

Aug 31, 2019
uk
Actually mate , I have some pics but not quite sure how to post them.
I will experiment on you if you dont mind. If you get some odd , blank, replies , I apologise in advance ?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
If you're on a pc and you've copied them somewhere onto the PC, then click the insert image above where you type (it's in the middle) .. it's says something like drag or click to select, normally easier to click and then select the directory and the picture(s).. viola .. in theory ..

If you're using google photo's for instance, you'll have to click download from in there onto the PC and so on. If you're using android or iphone , you might be able to just go straight to pictures... never tried that ... uhmmm

JohnJohn

Aug 31, 2019
uk
If you're on a pc and you've copied them somewhere onto the PC, then click the insert image above where you type (it's in the middle) .. it's says something like drag or click to select, normally easier to click and then select the directory and the picture(s).. viola .. in theory ..

If you're using google photo's for instance, you'll have to click download from in there onto the PC and so on. If you're using android or iphone , you might be able to just go straight to pictures... never tried that ... uhmmm

JohnJohn

Aug 31, 2019
uk
Cheers mate ! I will try but I'm just too knackered at the mo ' to do anything.

Where you based , out of interest ?

JohnJohn

Aug 31, 2019
uk
I'm not surprised ! Wait till tomorrow when your legs start protesting ! :)

Central Brittany, Northern France.

Here, if that helps :) Accueil - Site officiel du Lac de Guerlédan

20190921_120927.jpg

20190921_131050.jpg

20190921_132607.jpg

20190921_134603.jpg

20190921_152042.jpg

JohnJohn

Aug 31, 2019
uk
Thanks Zimmer, nice of you to say so ! I did consider a b/w but I liked the rusty colour on the tank.

It was superb day. You must take some pictures of your rides. Looks like a beautiful place you live in.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Thanks Zimmer, nice of you to say so ! I did consider a b/w but I liked the rusty colour on the tank.

It was superb day. You must take some pictures of your rides. Looks like a beautiful place you live in.

When I first scrolled down, because the first couple were in B&W, when I saw the Derv photo I thought I'd lost the plot and you were riding somewhere in Arizona .. :)

Some great pics though, I think if you see someone pictures and think I WANT TO RIDE THERE , they've captured it ! Love the white horse one too .. Though I love all the B&W ones too ..

I'm being too lazy to download and upload .. There's a few on here when I went for a quick explore/battery test a few weeks ago .. I think if you click on my profile and scroll down to pictures there's several thousand million boring pictures in there :)

33.2 km Mountain Bike Ride on September 6, 2019 by Zimmer F. on Strava

JohnJohn

Aug 31, 2019
uk
Nice bike mate ! Custom paint job ? Your pics are great , that megalithic burial chamber is very interesting.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
Good work, I tried to walk the Ridgeway once, bloody purgatory. Be fun to ride it.

Lots of ancient history there. Before the road network, the 3 east-west thoroughfares of southern Ancient Britain were the Ridgeway, North Downs and South Downs.

JohnJohn

Aug 31, 2019
uk
Nice bike indeed ! I hadn't seen that colour scheme before.
Those ancient sites look really interesting. They are similar to the ones in Britain but quite different , if you get my drift. I really enjoy seeing stuff like that and as we know an emtb is the perfect vehicle to do it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles