460wh battery weight?

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
I am looking to shed some weight from my Kenevo with the 504wh battery. I'm curious if anyone has weighed both?

You are not going to save much weight if you reduce down to a 460wh battery. I would rather have more range than less weight.

2888 grams for a 460Wh
2972 grams for a 504Wh

Depending on how much money you have available to spend.....
A lighter wheelset, lighter weight tyres, stem, carbon bars will have more of an impact if you want to remove weight. This all costs money though ... :(....

However, before you do this....
Why do you want to lose weight off the bike in the first place? Is the weight of the Kenevo a bit much to muscle around on the terrain you ride?

How much do you weigh fully kitted up with pack, helmet, shoes, gloves etc?
Some wheel sets have a maximum weight limit so you will need to consider this.

What terrain do you ride?
No point putting lighter weight tyres on if you are parked up fixing flats most of the time. I have gone down this route a few times this year and have had to revert back to DH tyres as I keep getting punctures, not from pinch flats but from sharp slatey rocks in good old South Wales.

What is your style of riding?
Again, both points above will need to be taken into consideration if you are a trail smasher that steam rolls through everything. If you are it might be best sticking to what you have unless you have bundles of cash you want to use getting super strong carbon wheels like the Santacruz Reserve wheelset for example.

460Wh
65758703-19EF-4E66-AEFE-4BE9D5235EF3.jpeg

540Wh
06601584-CFF2-43B0-A2A3-CDEB206FD792.jpeg

gvnick

Nov 15, 2018
San Diego
The exact numbers on the scale are much appreciated. Thank you. I agree that it's clearly not worth changing for less than 100g.

I have already cut weight in all the easy places. XX1 drivetrain, carbon bars, seat/post. The bike is amazing, and does not NEED to be lighter. It's quite eye opening how good it is at speed due to all that weight, compared to my normal MTB.. Just the low speed tech stuff could be easier if the thing wasn't such a tank.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles