29 rear tire on Spectral:on?

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
I have tried it (with michelin 29x2.35 force AM) may be better if you riding XC (better "rolling") ? but i feel it less efficient on AM D- (less stability and adhesion). Short test (one ride), cause no good feeling, i have removed the 29" rim to mount another 27.5x30 internale

tomato paste

Mar 18, 2019
Germany
Awesome, thanks for sharing! As long as it fits, the 29 will likely be for longer distances on gravel or pavement with smoother touring tires, so traction won't be an issue.

tomato paste

Mar 18, 2019
Germany
I e-mailed Canyon about the swapping the rear wheel on a Spectral to 29, but unfortunately they thought I was asking about customizing the order, rather than whether it was possible to swap in the wheel ourselves. Anyway, this is what they replied:

Dear [--],

Thank you for your email.

Our bikes and framesets are only delivered with the components and configuration that we have already advertised on the homepage. It is therefore not possible to deviate from the standard models. All other settings must be done by the customer alone, including purchasing the components separately as Canyon does not customize the bikes to the customer´s preference.

Furthermore it is not allowed to change the complete wheelset of the bike to 29", as this will affect the max. speed limit and the bike will not be stated as a pedelec anymore infront of the law.

Should you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Have a nice day!

Kind regards,

[--]
Servicecenter

Sep 25, 2019
UK
Out of curiosity I tried putting on a 29” rear wheel on it. This is a 29” Maxxis Ardent Race 29” x 2.2. I don’t think a more aggressive tyre would fit but this would do non-muddy conditions I reckon.
1208CE50-C237-4929-8E95-5AD17B65DCAE.jpeg

dptulp

Jan 6, 2021
Chesterfield, UK
Fairly confident the frame on the Neuron:On and Spectral:On are identical and the former doesn't have the mullet setup; just a pair of 29ers.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles