Levo Gen 2 27.5 winter wheel recommendations, what are you riding?

Tjmarsh

Aug 7, 2020
Alaska
So, I’m really hoping to buy a 27.5 wheel set and put some 3 inch studded tires on my 2021 levocomp for winter riding here in Alaska. I don’t really feel I need a set of carbon wheels but I’m not opposed to them. I also would prefer to spend less than a grand but if someone’s got a good argument for more I’d be willing to hit up to $1500 American. I’m really just looking to see if anyone has had a good experience riding in the winter time with their Levo and what your riding if you did. Or maybe I should just sack the idea and go with a fat bike like I have all my other winters. I sold my fat bike in hopes I could ride my levo year round, but maybe it’s time for another new bike hahaha. Looking around at what’s available for wheel sets with boost and microspline driver for my gear set. Cheers everyone, look forward to a good winter riding season!

net wurker

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2019
Huntsville, AL USA
I just ordered a set of Hunt wheels to replace my clapped out (rear, anyway) DT Swiss H1900s.

Won't have them till February, so no review yet, but they do get reviewed very well across the Internet.

Tjmarsh

Aug 7, 2020
Alaska
I just ordered a set of Hunt wheels to replace my clapped out (rear, anyway) DT Swiss H1900s.

Won't have them till February, so no review yet, but they do get reviewed very well across the Internet.

February!? I’m gonna have to hang up the bike and just ski all winter with those back orders that far out. Hope factory must’ve gotten corona virus ?. What internal rim width did you get?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles