26 miles and many steep Welsh hills.

CH61S

Apr 27, 2020
Rhondda south Wales
14 mile last night and 26 today with some monster climbs. Love this thing already.
IMG_20200513_152017.jpg

WildGuy

Mar 12, 2020
Cyprus
And have you actually managed to achieve what no one has done before and depict what the bike really looks like? Because the unusual thing about this bike is that everyone seems to say that it's had some strange other-worldly paint applied to it - a paint that looks rubbish when photographed, yet great when seen with the naked eye. But you've managed to both photograph it, and have it look great!

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
All Vitus's look rubbish on their website, I dont know who they use for photos but its like the try and make the bikes look as bad as they can, they always look a lot better in the flesh.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Depends how picky they are being - none drive side photo, cranks not level, and tyre logos not level :oops:;)

WildGuy

Mar 12, 2020
Cyprus
Had assumed they'd dismiss out of hand this snap I took of my bike, but from some of the comments above maybe it has some elements of what they're looking for after all so could take a punt .... shows the right side but concerned the drivechain is a bit too much in shadow for them :unsure:
emtb.jpg

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Had assumed they'd dismiss out of hand this snap I took of my bike, but from some of the comments above maybe it has some elements of what they're looking for after all so could take a punt .... shows the right side but concerned the drivechain is a bit too much in shadow for them :unsure:
View attachment 31269
You should submit that just to see what happens, but I suggest adding this

Screenshot 2020-05-15 at 10.17.02.png

WildGuy

Mar 12, 2020
Cyprus
Analysis of one of the latest pics to feature confirms @Beekeeper's insight and suggests its significance may be even greater than we previously figured. Conversely, although I think it does still need to be retained, the bike's less so. Kinda feels like we're chasing a moving target here, but I did get another shot the same day that could meet their revised specifications.

embndog.jpg
embn_entry.jpg

WildGuy

Mar 12, 2020
Cyprus
Ok, my wife managed to get us on - so it seems the previous speculation was incorrect and you can get on without a dog, and without a Specialized sticker, and without non-level cranks and tyre logos ( the non drive-side question wasn't tested though ). For anyone else having a punt bear in mind though that there may be some sexism at play, because my wife sent them 3 photos and the only one that they didn't use is the one below featuring her, which as she made the submission seems a tad unfair!

[ It's at 12:30 - the link to a specific time seems to get lost when posting on here ]

IMG_20200919_144224.jpg

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles